Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Single Add-A-Grapple - Precision Manufacturing

Anyone ever heard of this company. I saw their booth at the farm show and am just now getting around to reviewing the brochures I brought home. As best I remember, he said the single grapple runs about $595 and you buy your own hydraulic couplers. That way they fit your machine. It would seem to me that this is all you really need for most work as we really normally only use it occasionally.

Dave

Reactions: mjncad

·
Administrator
18,504 Posts
Reactions: Gizmo2

·
Registered
4,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Reactions: Daveb and mjncad

·
584 Posts
I sold them for a season. Not impressed. All of what kenny d said are the reasons why. If you can wait, artillian is coming out with a grapple very soon.

·
Registered
327 Posts
I have heard of it, it's a knock-off of the original ATI one: GK-4866, Grapple Kit, Compact Tractor Loaders, ATI Corporation

My personal opinion is that it has very limited use because the side of the bucket will always be in the way.

Here is one that just bolts to the top, after some reinforcement usually: Thumb grapple 36"
It is very critical to re-enforce the bucket when adding a grapple. I work for a company the builds buckets and grapples for skid steer loaders and have seen the distortion to bucket backs from the strain of the grapple. We all have a tendency to try to do too much sometimes accidently but it happens.
I'm attaching a picture of my bolted on grapple on my utility bucket. T put a 2" square tube with 1/4" walls down from the center cylinder mount to near the bottom of the bucket back. This transfers a lot of the strain through the whole back of the bucket. You can see bolts inside the lower bucket back in the center where to give you an idea how far down I went. I also am attaching a picture of a sample of things I use it to lift. That's an Oak tree trunk 8' long, not the lightest thing around. To pick it out of the trailer the bucket has to be tipped so all the weight of the log was lifted by the grapple teeth and they handle it well.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It is very critical to re-enforce the bucket when adding a grapple. I work for a company the builds buckets and grapples for skid steer loaders and have seen the distortion to bucket backs from the strain of the grapple. We all have a tendency to try to do too much sometimes accidently but it happens.
I'm attaching a picture of my bolted on grapple on my utility bucket. T put a 2" square tube with 1/4" walls down from the center cylinder mount to near the bottom of the bucket back. This transfers a lot of the strain through the whole back of the bucket. You can see bolts inside the lower bucket back in the center where to give you an idea how far down I went. I also am attaching a picture of a sample of things I use it to lift. That's an Oak tree trunk 8' long, not the lightest thing around. To pick it out of the trailer the bucket has to be tipped so all the weight of the log was lifted by the grapple teeth and they handle it well.

I like it!!! I have the SSQA brackets so can use skid steer attachments. I think I would likely not use the one on a bucket, although my bucket is a 73 inch extra heavy duty skid steer bucket and not as likely to bend. I would likely lean towards the one they have for pallet forks.

A reference to a web site for the company you referenced would be nice......

Dave

·
Registered
327 Posts
I like it!!! I have the SSQA brackets so can use skid steer attachments. I think I would likely not use the one on a bucket, although my bucket is a 73 inch extra heavy duty skid steer bucket and not as likely to bend. I would likely lean towards the one they have for pallet forks.

A reference to a web site for the company you referenced would be nice......

Dave
FYI, One big difference in the skid steer quick attach brackets for a skid steer is that one is totally rigid and will not twist from side to side, Loaders like the 200cx on my 2320 can flex from one side to the other because the uprights for the quick attach are not tied together and are controlled by separate tilt cylinders. The oil flow can vary from one cylinder to the other based on load. Just have to watch what happens when there isn't a bucket on the loader and you run the tilt to hook up to a bucket, most times one side moves at a different rate than the other.

Regarding the web site request, I'm not at liberty to give out that information unfortunately. The work we do is all for OEM's across the US. Fortunately for me as an employee I am able to purchase piece parts for things we build for personal use and I purposely make the things I build enough different from the OEM product so it isn't an issue.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts