Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Administrator
21,048 Posts
Cool...I used the horn I installed on my 4110 more than I thought I would when working with other people to get their attention.

·
Premium Member
971 Posts
My Kubota came with a horn, I used it more that I thought I would when working with others. Too bad so few people know what SOS sounds like...

I put the Deere horn on my 4520. I don't like how it blocks the radiators, and a "some winter" project is to move it off the hood and down just above the battery so it's below the radiators. Should require some bracket I can cut, mill and drill and not require any welding :laugh:.

Nice horn mod, it's cool that you tied into factory harness points and used the right color wire.

Pete

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,698 Posts
Very Cool Matt,
That turned out really nice. :good2: Looks like a mod I need to put on the list of things to do. Thanks for sharing.

·
Premium Member
9,065 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks everyone. The interesting thing is that Wolo horn would literally tuck in between the headlight buckets; but I would have had to kluge a mounting bracket. Having a piece of Unistrut available made the location choice easy.

Having the Deere shop manual made it easy to figure out where to tap into the system. One of my chores yesterday was to update the shop manual with the horn modifications I made. I found 13 different pages to update, as the shop manual has the European wiring diagrams too. I just looked for any instance of a horn in the graphics, and added it to the North American section of the manual. Having the ability to edit PDF documents help tremendously.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts