Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I had my JD dealer install one of their AM/FM radios in my Mauser cab. It's a real clean and out of the way setup. The flexible rubber antenna mounts under the back window. I still use my C. Crane headphones and pocket radio when mowing because of the noise. However, this addition lets me listen to the radio when doing other projects with my tractor. The total cost was $285. :)

Attachments

·
Premium Member
9,150 Posts
Nice looking job,

Exact same installation as mine, same place, same antenna placement.

I have bumped it on a couple of times and once it killed the battery as the sound wasn't going through the speakers and was going to the blue tooth. Mine displays the time continuously, even when turned off, which means a battery tender is needed for those long intervals of no tractor use, which doesn't happen too often.

I have to be honest in nearly 400 hours of tractor use, I have used the speakers for about 30 minutes total. It was when I had the tractor in the front yard and Mrs. Bear and I were planting flowers and I used the radio for music, otherwise, its into my blue tooth headphones 99% of the time.

The vast majority of the time, I have it broadcasting my Ipod music list, which is extensive at around 600 of my favorites.......

·
Premium Member
9,150 Posts
Nice. Thinking about getting one for mine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Just be aware that listening to it without headphones with the tractor running isn't ideal. I measured the cab noise levels with a decibel meter when I first got the tractor and found the sound levels in the cab are nearly identical to standing next to the tractor while its running. The sound is different, but the sound levels are about the same.

With my hearing, which is progressively declining, the sound is uncomfortable listening to the music, with the tractor running and the cab all closed up. I need the noise cancelling headphones to reduce the tractor noise and I ALWAYS wear the headphones when running the tractor, the zero turn, back pack blowers, etc.

So, if you don't mind wearing the noise cancelling headphones and want to listen to music, then the radio is certainly one way to do it. But the only time I am in the cab is when the tractor is running, so I always have the headphones on.

As far as headphones go, pick some which are very comfortable to you and that block out the outside noise. I use these and have a couple of sets as I wear them whenever running anything, anymore.............

1 - 5 of 5 Posts