Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found that a 20"+ high platform is just to high for me to comfortably mount my 2305 tractor. In doing so, I use the steering wheel to aid my lift. It of course is no problem with the 62 inch mmm deck mounted, but is a BIG step when not. Here is my solution to the problem and looking to reduce the stress on my steering wheel and column. Oh, and just a couple of pull pins and it is easily removed.:thumbup1gif:

Attachments

·
Registered
674 Posts
Hi Randy,

I like that step, nice project! Would you like to make one more to sell?
Looking good.

Doug

·
Registered
124 Posts
Hi Randy,

Looking good.

Doug
That is exactly what I was thinking!! I watched my father in law struggle to mount mine and was thinking there needs to be a step on there.

Nice project!

-Aaron

·
Corndog Hater
11,793 Posts
Wow Randy! That looks terrific. I had better not let Mrs. CP see that because she too uses the MMM, but needs that little bit of extra Oooomph when the deck is off. Luckily her complaints haven't gotten loud enough.....yet!:lol:

·
Administrator
18,465 Posts
Very cool Randy!:good2:

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
38,044 Posts
Randy, do you use the 2305:lol:? Looks spotless. I don't think our 2320 ever looked that clean.

·
Registered
2,253 Posts
Randy,
Since the 2520 is even higher,will you be making a step for it?

Pretty please? I want to copy the design :tongue:

Good looking setup!

·
Registered
106 Posts
Great design, welding and paint work. :thumbup1gif:

Is the mounting frame using existing holes/bolts? I like the quick attach/release aspect of the step.

·
Registered
12,209 Posts
Nice work, Randy.

·
Registered
280 Posts
that looks stock!!! great job

·
Registered
365 Posts
Nice piece of work Randy. Looks very strong and the paint came out great.

·
Premium Member
6,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hi Randy,

Looking good.

Doug
That is exactly what I was thinking!! I watched my father in law struggle to mount mine and was thinking there needs to be a step on there.

Nice project!

-Aaron
Guys, that is a great compliment. But, I just have way to many other things going on. Not mention the slight risks involved. However, you are more than welcome to copy the design. :thumbup1gif:

·
Premium Member
6,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Randy, do you use the 2305:lol:? Looks spotless. I don't think our 2320 ever looked that clean.
:laugh::laugh: Giz, it's fall maintenance time. It gets a bath and a wax before the snow flies. The brush is on and ready.

Randy,
Since the 2520 is even higher,will you be making a step for it?

Pretty please? I want to copy the design :tongue:

Good looking setup!
You are correct on both accounts, the 2520 is about an inch higher, and yes it is on the short list of projects to do next, stay tuned.

Great design, welding and paint work. :thumbup1gif:

Is the mounting frame using existing holes/bolts? I like the quick attach/release aspect of the step.
Darrell,

Thank you for the praise. Yes, the outside bolts are using the existing platform to bracket bolts. I modified the existing platform bracket by adding a hole for the inside pin. That was one of my requirements in the design to mount it quickly and easily, no wrenches.

The step is made using aluminum tube and flat stock welded together. The two angle brackets are aluminum angle. I topped all off with black and JD green powder coat. Then finished off with a strip of 3M anti-skid tape.

·
Banned
747 Posts
Nice job Randy. You and Kenny should start a partneship selling hooks and steps. Wonder which sounds better R&K, or K&R...

·
Registered
40 Posts
Steps

Great looking steps. :good2: Makes me want to learn to weld, although I understand aluminum is harder to do. Too late now, but for the next set maybe round off the 90 degree angle on the bottom outside edge of the permanent brackets. Could prevent a shin or top of the foot gouge.
:thumbup1gif:

·
Premium Member
6,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

·
Premium Member
6,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Great looking steps. :good2: Makes me want to learn to weld, although I understand aluminum is harder to do. Too late now, but for the next set maybe round off the 90 degree angle on the bottom outside edge of the permanent brackets. Could prevent a shin or top of the foot gouge.
:thumbup1gif:
Thanks DG.

Actually, with the technology of todays mig welders welding aluminum is only slightly harder to do. It really just takes practice. As long as the material thickness is more than a 1/16 of an inch. The thin stuff is left up to the really good TIG guys.

Yeah, I always find little things I could have improved on after the fact. Thanks for the tip. Guess I will have to be careful placing my foot. :laugh:

1 - 20 of 59 Posts