Green Tractor Talk banner

Added lights and guards to my 1025

5K views 22 replies 12 participants last post by  Ultrapile 
#1 ·
I have needed some lights higher up on my 1025 so I can see past my loader at night. I lowered the existing tail and flasher lights as much as I could without interfering with the factory tool box for clearance when the ROPS is folded down. I have the TLB setup so the tool box kept the lights a little higher than I would have liked.

I added 1/4 steel guards for the lights we made at work and an implement light on a separate also. It sure lights up the dark now and I can even see where I am going! The factory brackets on my 1025 made it easy to move them down and no new holes were drilled in the ROPS.

I still want to clean up some wiring on it.

Land vehicle Vehicle Lawn Tractor Outdoor power equipment

Vehicle Motor vehicle Windshield Lawn Grass

Vehicle Machine Outdoor power equipment Lawn mower Asphalt

Land vehicle Vehicle Tractor Agricultural machinery Motor vehicle

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Turned out nice, :thumbup1gif: .

Reactions: Ultrapile
#8 ·
Thanks Sawdust! It is as many properties are "A work in progress."

#9 ·
I hit a low branch in the pasture with mine last week. That finally got me going on securing them. That and the fact that I was taking it to the deer lease to work on cutting a new shooting range to sight in our rifles.
:snipersmilie:

#7 ·
What are you talking about? That is a night shot. The lights are THAT good! :tongue:

I will get some night shots and post them in the future. They work really well and make it much easier for me to finish tasks after that big torch in the sky beds down for the evening.

I have had the Ford for many years. I bought it from someone I went to high school with for cutting at my deer lease. The sheet metal skins were rusted out and falling off of it. I paid $1,650 for it and a 16' dove tail trailer I still have also. It is old enough it had the Ferguson Lift System label on it. It is a 9n I put the running boards on when reskinning it. I have high and low split rear on it. I need to redo it again now. The deer lease has been hard on it.

#6 ·
Nice job. It looks factory.

#10 ·
Very nice looking install....

#12 ·
I noticed mine this afternoon askew. I'll have to remove the frame on one side to get over the light assembly. The other is just loose, but will require removal to tighten back up.

Looks like you need to get set up for some requests for these. I have the rear facing light and I am ALWAYS putting the wiring and bulb back in the housing from the high brush and limbs around the property.

Sign me up. Design and workmanship look fantastic.

#13 ·
I wish I could take credit on making the guards. I do take credit for explaining it, but one of the guys at work built the guards for me.
:flag_of_truce:

#15 ·
Nice job, lights look good.

Did you relocate the toolbox? It's in a different location than mine.

#16 ·
That is the location if you have a backhoe. The box is factory relocated to give room to turn the seat around and operate the backhoe.

#17 ·
Nice work I think I may have to make some myself. they look much better than the stock guards I have now !!

#18 ·
I wacked my first tree last week with them, all is good on the test run. The lights are all still intact.
:lol:

#19 ·
Whack it harder, call it product research and development. :good2:

#20 ·
Just give me another chance, I'm sure I can do better! I didn't even get whiplashed on the first test run.
:thumbup1gif:

Reactions: dieselshadow
#21 ·
This past weekend I hit a low branch that was 3" in diameter with my light guard. The light guard took out the branch and I hauled it away. I am happy with them so far.

Reactions: Myasis_Dragon
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.