Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm working on piecing together a setup for a 3 spool valve to add to my 2032r so I can operate hydraulic top and tilt cylinders and a couple other things as needed. I've been doing a bunch of reading and my biggest question pertains to the best way to plumb he valve in.

Right now, I'm thinking a Prince Monobloc 3 spool valve should work. Comes with adjustable relief set to 2500 PSI and is set for open center and capable of power beyond.

http://www.princehyd.com/mobileservices/princeWebServices.asmx/FetchLiterature?fileKey=wolv-MonoBlock-8GPM

My tractor currently has factory power beyond for a backhoe which appears to be a supply off the loader valve and then a return to the tank. I was hoping I could tee off the supply line and return line to operate the spool valve, but it seems like that could cause issues with pressure.

Question is- what's the best way to do this? Do I need to redirect the supply for the factory power beyond to my spool valve first, then out of the spool through the spools power beyond port and on to the factory power beyond, or should I be doing it differently?

·
Administrator
20,280 Posts
Which model of 2032R are we working with here? The new ones? Or is the older smaller version?

·
Administrator
20,280 Posts

·
Administrator
20,280 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I've actually read through yours a few times but I'm not sure I really see a clear answer to my scenario. Your tractor didn't have factory PB, mine does. Mine appears to use one of the supply ports and the tank return port you used on your install. I just want to make I plumb the spool valve and PB properly together.

I'm thinking I can supply my spool valve with my factory PB supply line, then supply my factory PB ports with the PB port on the spool valve. I'm just not sure if both the spool valve and the factory PB ports need to be returned to tank- if they can I need to make sure it's okay to tee into the factory PB return line. The spool valve has an in port, out port and plugged PB port.

·
Premium Member
2,015 Posts
I'm not totally familiar with the PB on the 2032r, although, most likely the PB is set up like the PB on most JD SCUT's and CUT's. If that is the case, the return line from the PB is not a direct return to tank. This line is actually the supply line for the rockshaft (3 point) lift cylinder. This means, when the rockshaft is not being lifted, this line will return to tank, although, if the rockshaft (3 point) is lifted, then this line will build pressure in it. The amount of pressure will be dependent on how much load is attached to the 3 point.

So, what does this mean. If you use the PB pressure feed port to supply oil to your rear SCV and you use the return PB return port to connect the tank port of your rear SCV to, this will work as long as you do not attach anything to your 3 point and lift it. If you do lift the 3 point, this will apply pressure to the tank port on the rear SCV which is not good.

So, how should the rear SCV be connected. The tractor PB pressure port can feed oil to the pressure port on the rear SCV. The rear SCV must be set up with a PB plug installed. The PB port of the rear SCV will be connected to the PB return port at the rear of the tractor. Then, the tank port of the rear SCV must be connected directly to the tank line that goes into the sump of the differential. This is where you may have to add a TEE into the existing tank line from the main SCV and then run a hydraulic line from the TEE to the tank port of the rear SCV.

Here is the link to how I installed a rear SCV to my 1025R.
http://www.greentractortalk.com/forums/fit-rite-hydraulics/114898-fit-rite-hydraulics-rear-selective-control-valve-installation-1025r-oem-power-beyond.html

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I seem to be having an issue viewing your thread right now. May have to try from a laptop. Seems like what your saying is that I can indeed supply my Spool valve with the supply for my factory power beyond. So, I'd remove my factory PB supply, connect that to my spool valve inlet, then split off of the power beyond port of the spool valve and feed the supply port of my factory PB outlets. In the meantime, I think you're saying I'd have to plumb a return line from my spool valve straight back to my tank which matches up to what I'm seeing in some diagrams.

I guess the only part I'm still a bit confused on would be the outlet of my factory PB. I had thought that was a return line to tank but it seems it supplies my rock shaft? I guess I need clarification on where that should go. It would seem to me if it does supply my rock shaft, I should be leaving it connected where it is?

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
I think I'm understanding what you're saying now that I keep rereading it. This picture is basically what I was thinking. Use the existing factory PB supply port on my bucket loader valve and run that directly to my new spool valve. Connect the PB port of the new valve directly to the supply inlet of my factory PB port. Then the factory PB outlet could continue back to the rock shaft/ tank port it currently dumps to. Meanwhile, I'd need to take the T port of my new valve and dump that directly back to tank.

If I'm using the 3pt with this hooked up as I've explained, can the rockshaft build pressure all the way back through the factory PB setup and up to the PB port on my new valve? If so, is the valve able to handle this since it's going to the PB port? I know I don't want to build pressure on the tank port.. not sure if the same applies for the PB port.

Attachments

·
Administrator
17,067 Posts
Here's a couple pictures of my factory setup. Looks like I was wrong- my PB does go back to the loader valve area, not the tank. I'm assuming I can dump into the large bolt hole in the last picture?
Yes, Jason's thread linked above explained all this very well :good2:

·
Premium Member
2,015 Posts
I think I'm understanding what you're saying now that I keep rereading it. This picture is basically what I was thinking. Use the existing factory PB supply port on my bucket loader valve and run that directly to my new spool valve. Connect the PB port of the new valve directly to the supply inlet of my factory PB port. Then the factory PB outlet could continue back to the rock shaft/ tank port it currently dumps to. Meanwhile, I'd need to take the T port of my new valve and dump that directly back to tank.

If I'm using the 3pt with this hooked up as I've explained, can the rockshaft build pressure all the way back through the factory PB setup and up to the PB port on my new valve? If so, is the valve able to handle this since it's going to the PB port? I know I don't want to build pressure on the tank port.. not sure if the same applies for the PB port.
Yes, what you said here is correct.
You currently have two PB ports on the rear of the tractor with a loop hose connecting them together when not using the BH. One of them is supply pressure to the BH and one is return from the BH. The return also feeds oil to the 3 point rockshaft. If your tractor is like the 1025R, then the tractor PB port without the loop hose is the pressure port.

So as you said, connect the tractor PB pressure port to the pressure port on the rear SCV. You should be able to do this by using the same quick connects that are on the tractor PB.

Then take a line from the rear SCV PB port and connect it to the other tractor PB port (this is probably the one with the loop hose). This port is actually the pressure feed to the rockshaft lift. Again, you may be able to do this by using the same quick connects that are on the tractor PB.

Then finally, you will need to add a hydraulic line from the tank port of the rear SCV directly back to tank. When I installed my rear SCV, I found the tank line from the main SCV, removed it from the fitting and installed a TEE at this point. Reconnected the main SCV tank line to the TEE and connected the tank line from the rear SCV to the branch of the TEE.

The PB port of the rear SCV can handle pressure at this port. This is the purpose for PB. The tank port of the rear SCV cannot handle much pressure at this port. This is the reason for connecting the tank port directly to the tank of the tractor (the tank is actually the differential sump).

Essentially power beyond (sometimes called HPCO, High Pressure Carry Over) is a way a valve can be set up to provide pressurized oil to a downstream control valve. It allows several valves to be connected one after another (in a series).

E.g. The tractor main SCV gets the oil first. If the main SCV is not being used, the oil flows out of the PB port and normally flows to the pressure port for the rockshaft. If the tractor has a PB system installed, then the oil from the main SCV will flow out of the main SCV PB port, to the rear PB first, and the return of the PB feeds the pressure port of the rockshaft. Essentially, they put a loop in the circuit between the main SCV PB port and the rockshaft pressure port.

The tractor PB return is a return to tank only if the rockshaft is not being lifted. So, if you are not using the 3 point, then you could use the return PB port at the rear of the tractor as a return to tank port for your rear SCV. In this case, you would set up your rear SCV without PB so it would only use the P (pressure port) and T (tank port). The PB port would not be used. Then you would simply connect the tractor PB pressure line to the pressure port of the rear SCV and connect the tank port of the rear SCV to the tractor PB return port and do not use the 3 point.

If you are going to use the 3 point lift and use the rear SCV at the same time, then you need to set up the rear SCV with the PB functionality and connect all three lines as described above.

When John Deere installs the PB option on these tractors, they are really intending for the PB to be used for the BH. When using the BH, the 3 point is removed so there isn't any way you could pressurize the rockshaft. Because of this, they can use the PB return as a return to tank without a problem.

If you connect a control valve tank port to the tractor PB return and use the 3 point lift, the pressure that is applied to the tank port of the valve will eventually cause the valve to leak and it can also cause unexpected movement of any attachment connected to this control valve. Not good!!! :thumbsdown:

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Here's a couple pictures of my factory setup. Looks like I was wrong- my PB does go back to the loader valve area, not the tank. I'm assuming I can dump into the large bolt hole in the last picture?
Yes, Jason's thread linked above explained all this very well
Yeah the more I read through everything last night the more it started making sense to me.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

Yes, what you said here is correct.
You currently have two PB ports on the rear of the tractor with a loop hose connecting them together when not using the BH. One of them is supply pressure to the BH and one is return from the BH. The return also feeds oil to the 3 point rockshaft. If your tractor is like the 1025R, then the tractor PB port without the loop hose is the pressure port.

So as you said, connect the tractor PB pressure port to the pressure port on the rear SCV. You should be able to do this by using the same quick connects that are on the tractor PB.

Then take a line from the rear SCV PB port and connect it to the other tractor PB port (this is probably the one with the loop hose). This port is actually the pressure feed to the rockshaft lift. Again, you may be able to do this by using the same quick connects that are on the tractor PB.

Then finally, you will need to add a hydraulic line from the tank port of the rear SCV directly back to tank. When I installed my rear SCV, I found the tank line from the main SCV, removed it from the fitting and installed a TEE at this point. Reconnected the main SCV tank line to the TEE and connected the tank line from the rear SCV to the branch of the TEE.

The PB port of the rear SCV can handle pressure at this port. This is the purpose for PB. The tank port of the rear SCV cannot handle much pressure at this port. This is the reason for connecting the tank port directly to the tank of the tractor (the tank is actually the differential sump).

Essentially power beyond (sometimes called HPCO, High Pressure Carry Over) is a way a valve can be set up to provide pressurized oil to a downstream control valve. It allows several valves to be connected one after another (in a series).

E.g. The tractor main SCV gets the oil first. If the main SCV is not being used, the oil flows out of the PB port and normally flows to the pressure port for the rockshaft. If the tractor has a PB system installed, then the oil from the main SCV will flow out of the main SCV PB port, to the rear PB first, and the return of the PB feeds the pressure port of the rockshaft. Essentially, they put a loop in the circuit between the main SCV PB port and the rockshaft pressure port.

The tractor PB return is a return to tank only if the rockshaft is not being lifted. So, if you are not using the 3 point, then you could use the return PB port at the rear of the tractor as a return to tank port for your rear SCV. In this case, you would set up your rear SCV without PB so it would only use the P (pressure port) and T (tank port). The PB port would not be used. Then you would simply connect the tractor PB pressure line to the pressure port of the rear SCV and connect the tank port of the rear SCV to the tractor PB return port and do not use the 3 point.

If you are going to use the 3 point lift and use the rear SCV at the same time, then you need to set up the rear SCV with the PB functionality and connect all three lines as described above.

When John Deere installs the PB option on these tractors, they are really intending for the PB to be used for the BH. When using the BH, the 3 point is removed so there isn't any way you could pressurize the rockshaft. Because of this, they can use the PB return as a return to tank without a problem.

If you connect a control valve tank port to the tractor PB return and use the 3 point lift, the pressure that is applied to the tank port of the valve will eventually cause the valve to leak and it can also cause unexpected movement of any attachment connected to this control valve. Not good!!!
Awesome. I've got my spool on order so once I get that in I'm going to figure out placement and then start picking out fittings etc. I found a decently priced hydraulic cylinder at Agri supply that has the exact pin size and stroke i need for the top link so I believe I'll start there. Don't want to spend a fortune right now but I want it to work right. Thanks for the help! I'll take some pictures and do a how- to I think.

·
Premium Member
2,015 Posts
Awesome. I've got my spool on order so once I get that in I'm going to figure out placement and then start picking out fittings etc. I found a decently priced hydraulic cylinder at Agri supply that has the exact pin size and stroke i need for the top link so I believe I'll start there. Don't want to spend a fortune right now but I want it to work right. Thanks for the help! I'll take some pictures and do a how- to I think.
Have you checked with Brian at Fit-rite Hydraulics?
Fit Rite Hydraulics - fitritehydraulics.com

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I had a look on his site. He makes some very nice stuff. Just more than I want to spend right now on the setup. I also like piecing things together myself and making them work, so there's that slight aspect as well.

·
Registered
1,973 Posts

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Interested in watching this thread as I am wondering the same. I also have a BH. :munch:

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Anybody happen to have a parts blow up for the 2032r factory PB kit? Trying to figure out what threads are on the end of the tube that supply the back of the quick disconnect. I know the QD side is o ring boss, but I need to know the inlet side.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts