Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Premium Member
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking of adding a 3pt and i-match to my X758.

Not really planned for heavy work, mainly just would like something small and handy to snatch up and move cat 1 implements around my ever crowded machine shed. I would like to put a hydraulic top link on it to aid in quick hook ups.

Can a 3rd svc be added to an X758 or is there a solution to getting an extra svc on the rear of an X758.

I don't plan to take the mower deck on and off and it currently uses one of the only two svc I have, the 3pt if I understand how it works will utilize the other hydraulic lever.

Anyone have any experience with this?

I have seen it's been done at least one person on youtube did it.

·
Registered
710 Posts
You could probably use the second spool for a top link cylinder, but be aware the control has a 'float' detent. That spool is intended for the boom arms of a front loader, or the raise/lower of a front broom or snowblower.

The deck uses the same cylinder as the lower arm lift on the 3-point hitch. You can manually lock out the mower by raising it all the way, and adjusting the deck height to max with the knob in front of the seat. This allows use of the 3-point hitch without the mower deck going up and down with it. You can manually lock out the lift using the threaded lift height adjuster on the left side of the 3-point lift upper arm. Then you can use the mower deck without the 3-point lift going up and down.
Biggest downfall of the X7 series is lack of a 3rd spool of hydraulics

I had a X748 for 11 years, had the 3-point hitch and a FEL, but never tried a hydraulic top link, which would have necessitated a 3rd spool, since I had a loader. It's a great machine, sometime I wish I still had it (traded for a 2-series), because it's a big tractor in a really small package.

·
Premium Member
1,772 Posts
You could probably use the second spool for a top link cylinder, but be aware the control has a 'float' detent. That spool is intended for the boom arms of a front loader, or the raise/lower of a front broom or snowblower.

The deck uses the same cylinder as the lower arm lift on the 3-point hitch. You can manually lock out the mower by raising it all the way, and adjusting the deck height to max with the knob in front of the seat. This allows use of the 3-point hitch without the mower deck going up and down with it. You can manually lock out the lift using the threaded lift height adjuster on the left side of the 3-point lift upper arm. Then you can use the mower deck without the 3-point lift going up and down.

I had a X748 for 11 years, had the 3-point hitch and a FEL, but never tried a hydraulic top link, which would have necessitated a 3rd spool, since I had a loader. It's a great machine, sometime I wish I still had it (traded for a 2-series), because it's a big tractor in a really small package.
Well He could adapt this Kit to the Tractor NEW! H3 KIT for JOHN DEERE 425, 445, 455 GARDEN TRACTOR along with this Kit NEW Live Rear Hydraulic Kit for John Deere X465 X475 X485 X495 X575 X729 X744 X750 and More and Have a even easier time Using the Rear Hydraulic cylinder. I may have a compact tractor But I'll never get rid of the X748 or the 45 loader already have a Kit(sub Frame & Hydrostatic relief Valve & New Release Lever) to use the 45 Loader on a X700 signature series (y)

·
Premium Member
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That's exactly what I am wanting to do. Did you do it yourself or have your dealer do it. So far have had my dealer do all my hydraulic upgrades on my different machines.
If you had your dealer do it, can I ask about what it all cost, just looking for an idea on what the cost should be, or a ball park of what it will cost.

I am speculating on some of the stuff I had looked up on the deere website, this will come in somewhere around $1500.00-1800.00 inc labor.

Rear cat 1 3pt kit.
Power top link kit.
I-match hitch.

·
Premium Member
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

Thank you

That makes perfect sense about using the height adjuster to pin up the deck. I thought the other lever would be what worked the 3pt but the deck lever being what is tied to the 3pt should make it pretty simple or to add the power top link and tie that to the 2nd function lever.

All good points. Thank you

·
Premium Member
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well He could adapt this Kit to the Tractor NEW! H3 KIT for JOHN DEERE 425, 445, 455 GARDEN TRACTOR along with this Kit NEW Live Rear Hydraulic Kit for John Deere X465 X475 X485 X495 X575 X729 X744 X750 and More and Have a even easier time Using the Rear Hydraulic cylinder. I may have a compact tractor But I'll never get rid of the X748 or the 45 loader already have a Kit(sub Frame & Hydrostatic relief Valve & New Release Lever) to use the 45 Loader on a X700 signature series (y)
Nice finds. Good info.
I will save those links.
Thank you

·
Registered
393 Posts
That's exactly what I am wanting to do. Did you do it yourself or have your dealer do it. So far have had my dealer do all my hydraulic upgrades on my different machines.
If you had your dealer do it, can I ask about what it all cost, just looking for an idea on what the cost should be, or a ball park of what it will cost.

I am speculating on some of the stuff I had looked up on the deere website, this will come in somewhere around $1500.00-1800.00 inc labor.

Rear cat 1 3pt kit.
Power top link kit.
I-match hitch.
I did all the labor, the parts themselves were probably close to $1,400 a few years ago. $600 +/- Deere 3pt kit, $300+/- I-match hitch, $300+/- custom made top link and $200+/- rear hose kit. All prices are from my foggy memory so don't put to much stock in them plus the prices have probably gone up.

·
Premium Member
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I am curious why did the top link need customization?

I have power top link on my 4066R and 4044R. Both have Cat 1 i-match hitches on them.
During about 7 months out of the year the 4066R will have the bat wing mower. hooked to it and would not need its power top link. I was giving some thought of robbing that top link for the X758 when not needed on the 4066R.
Is there something I should be aware of that would negate or hinder me from being able to swap that top link back and forth between other cat 1 machines?

·
Registered
537 Posts
So I'm doing the same as Eric has with 3ph and top link. Actually his toplink post made me know I could get one for my x738.

I ordered my toplink from fit rite hydraulics and he has a 20 week lead time for all orders. Looking forward to kicking the turnbuckle top link to the curb this summer.

As for the rear hydro outlet ports I'm putting those together on my own. I'm basically copying the setup that was linked to. Install is a snap with just a couple basic wrenches.

Get the 3ph for your 758 your gonna love it. IMG_20191011_110723.jpg

·
Premium Member
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Registered
393 Posts
I am curious why did the top link need customization?
It takes a very short top link with a cat 0 eye at the tractor end and the normal cat 1 eye at the implement end to mimic the stock top link. Here's some photo's that show the Fit Rite's range of motion with the hitch in the down (working) position. As you can see in the first photo you probably wouldn't want a longer top link or the implement couldn't be tilted forward.
top link 027.jpg
top link 032.jpg

·
Registered
537 Posts
The throw on the x7 doesn't fit the available toplink options. The top link on the x7 is compact which is part of the reason for it's limited height. The link for the Kubota you posted is far too long for an x7. The max length of the stock x7 top link is about 19 inches.

Brian from fit rite put together a link package that isn't available elsewhere, or at least nowhere I could find.

By the time I could find anything close to all he offered I was very close to what he was asking. It was an easy choice to get the link he offers and wait.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Even though there is some distance distortion this photo shows the differences in the top link eyes. The cat 1 end has a wide bushing with a cat 1 pin, the cat 0 end is quite a bit smaller and narrower and only uses a cat 0 pin.
top link 012.jpg

·
Premium Member
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Great info thanks guys.

We talked about using the deck height adjuster to pin up the deck so it doesn't drop down with the hitch.
Looking at some of these awesome pics posted here, I am curious is there a way to pin the hitch up high when mowing. Just curious if there would not be some ground clearance issues if the hitch drops all the way down with the mower deck when mowing.

·
Registered
537 Posts
I never remove the 3ph arms or my quick hitch. It does move up and down with the mower deck but it's never been an issue. The mower deck takes very little movement from the piston to getto regular mower height so the hitch never gets close to the ground.

In the picture the mower deck is down and set to 3.

IMG_20190512_120532.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
393 Posts
We talked about using the deck height adjuster to pin up the deck so it doesn't drop down with the hitch. I am curious is there a way to pin the hitch up high when mowing.
Yes there is a threaded rod with a T-handle that you use to adjust how far the hitch goes down (depth stop). You can adjust it so the hitch stays all the way up or anywhere in between full down. I made this tool out of an old socket to spin that handle fast with an batt powered drill.
IMG_20180909_112443415.jpg

·
Premium Member
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Great info guys.
I called Fit Right and sent him a quote request.

I also put in for a quote request from the local John Deere dealer for adding the cat 1 3pt, rear PTO, and rear svc ports.

Question, are the rear service ports available as a John Deere kit for the X7s or do you have to do those custom as well?

·
Registered
537 Posts
I'm going to custom my scv ports, I never thought to look and see if Deere had a kit for that.

Expect the rear 3PH parts to be around 700 and the install could cost just as much as the parts from a dealer. I got mine installed at no cost form the dealer because I ordered it with the tractor. Installing the 3ph is not the easiest job, it really depends on the shop or mechanic doing it.

·
Premium Member
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Update.
I hear d back from Brian at Fit Right.
I got my order placed with him this afternoon.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts