Green Tractor Talk banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
393 Posts
Great info guys.
I called Fit Right and sent him a quote request.

I also put in for a quote request from the local John Deere dealer for adding the cat 1 3pt, rear PTO, and rear svc ports.

Question, are the rear service ports available as a John Deere kit for the X7s or do you have to do those custom as well?
Deere doesn't make a rear kit for the X7's, you will want to get one from Auxiliary Hydraulics which is very easy to install or build one yourself: NEW Live Rear Hydraulic Kit for John Deere X465 X475 X485 X495 X575 X729 X744 X750 and More

·
Registered
537 Posts
Brian was really good to deal with. Now it's just a waiting game. My order is about 3 weeks ahead of yours.

Next thing you are going to want to get is a grapple for the front of your tractor.

IMG_20200403_193907.jpg

·
Premium Member
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Brian was really good to deal with. Now it's just a waiting game. My order is about 3 weeks ahead of yours.

Next thing you are going to want to get is a grapple for the front of your tractor.

View attachment 732781
Cool.
I have a couple grapples.
I have a 48" single and a new 60" dual rock root grapple.

·
Premium Member
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #25

·
Premium Member
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Any of you guys also add the rear PTO.

I have a couple attachments that I thought I could use the rear PTO with once I get this 3pt hitch all setup on the X758.

Mainly my wood chipper came to mind since it is more or less a stationary implement non ground engaging anyway.
The fact the X758 is a reall heavy machine should not cause any issues as long as the 3pt can pick it up. THe Chipper weighs in at 825 lbs. Anyone have a lift rating on an X758 with a cat 1 hitch. I suspect that with the quick hitch I would need to be able to lift at least 1000-1200 pounds for this 3pt to be able to pickup the chipper with an i-match in stalled as well.

My Chipper is Model WC68 rated for use with 20-50 hp tractors.
I was told when I purchased it that a 1025R could run it, which a 1025R has the same engine as my X758. By JD spec they are both 24hp, and X758 for some reason has rated KW out of 0.1 more KW of power then the 1025R. Either way I would think if a 1025R could power that chipper, my X758 should be able to do the same.

·
Registered
537 Posts
The x7 series 3ph is rated by JD for 450lbs @24" past the rear pins. The short answer of that is no you probably won't be able to lift that chipper.

I lift around 600 lbs on my 3ph and it's close to it's limit for traveling the machine safely. I need around 300lbs of front ballast to keep the front wheels on the ground and even with that I can tell the front wheels are light.

IMG_20200201_150340_01.jpg IMG_20200201_160208_01.jpg

·
Premium Member
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Thanks helps a lot.
I searched the JD website and all over the web never could find that lift capacity on the X7 hitch.

I then looked up the 1025R and found it was in the 600 range.

I am figuring now that if I cant pickup the chipper then there is not really a reason to do the PTO which was an expensive proposition. I thought the chipper weight was a bit more then I really thought it likely weighed. I looked it up again that 825 was its shipping weight in a steel crate. The operating weight is still listed at 710 lbs . So I think better hold off on adding the rear PTO.

I can always try and pick it up and see what happens once I have the hitch installed.
I am guessing based on all this latest research and data it wont pick it up. 710 plus the i-match would likely be pushing 800 lbs and simply too heavy.
I do have quite a few JD 40 and 70 lb front ballast weights on hand, I think the front of the X758 will only accommodate 4 stock. There is likely an addition bracket available that could hold more. Seems like I saw one listed somewhere.

·
Registered
393 Posts
I do have quite a few JD 40 and 70 lb front ballast weights on hand, I think the front of the X758 will only accommodate 4 stock. There is likely an addition bracket available that could hold more. Seems like I saw one listed somewhere.
Deere makes one for the X7's that holds nine 42 lb suitcase weights, it makes for a nice bumper as well. I think there are a number of after market ones as well, maybe Heavy Hitch?

·
Registered
393 Posts

·
Premium Member
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
That should work, looks similar to the one I bought from them a few years ago except it might not work if you have the rear click and go brackets.
Great thanks, that is what I was thinking. It seems more plug and play and easier to install, not to mention quite bit less expensive.
I am going to get this kit ordered this morning.

·
Registered
3,869 Posts
Well He could adapt this Kit to the Tractor NEW! H3 KIT for JOHN DEERE 425, 445, 455 GARDEN TRACTOR along with this Kit NEW Live Rear Hydraulic Kit for John Deere X465 X475 X485 X495 X575 X729 X744 X750 and More and Have a even easier time Using the Rear Hydraulic cylinder. I may have a compact tractor But I'll never get rid of the X748 or the 45 loader already have a Kit(sub Frame & Hydrostatic relief Valve & New Release Lever) to use the 45 Loader on a X700 signature series (y)
I wonder why they don't have one for the X595.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts