Green Tractor Talk banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
I added one a few years ago and it turned out well.
I used this switch: https://www.alliedelec.com/product/eaton-switches/8006k52n1v2/70155793/
Mine is on an X739 and I just put it in the unused 'blank' spot on the dash. I'm not sure where a good spot is on the 1025R
View attachment 762644

This is the actuator I went with:
Amazon.com : Everest Parts Supplies 4" Inch Fast Linear Actuator 30mm / s 50lbs Lift 12v -02-04 : Garden & Outdoor
Make sure you get at least a 30mm/sec. I first bought a 4mm/sec it it was waaaay to slow.
I mounted it "upside down" to keep the moisture out.
View attachment 762647
You did a very nice job and thank you for the link for the actuator Sir. I have another question. Did you have to drill holes in the blower, or could you mount the actuator using the pre existing holes?

·
Premium Member
4,799 Posts
Must be nice; good for you. Not everyone is as fortunate as you are to afford some extras.
Worked hard and saved my money... Now we figure, we're not kids so why not spend it, what are going to do die with it?

·
Premium Member
4,799 Posts
If you don't mind me asking, which model actuator did you get from Firgelli?
Don't remember the model number but it is the 150 pound 4" performance unit with the water protection IP66. Maybe 140 bucks? That was a long time ago..

Reactions: jgayman

·
Registered
21 Posts
You did a very nice job and thank you for the link for the actuator Sir. I have another question. Did you have to drill holes in the blower, or could you mount the actuator using the pre existing holes?
I just used the existing holes. I put a spacer (piece of clear hose.. lol) on a longer bolt with two nuts on both the top and bottom to keep the actuator far enough away so it wouldn't be rubbing the chute. The 4" actuator is enough for the deflector's full useful vertical sweep.

I think the 50lb actuator is more than enough given that the hinge is thin plastic. If you have to lift more than that for the little deflector then there is something wrong.
On the bottom I used the existing 'top' hole:

·
Registered
JD-2720, JD L130
14 Posts
I just bought and installed a plug a play actuator from James Bourque. ( [email protected]) Super nice. All wires are labeled, actuator was sealed, LED switch, all wires cut to the appropriate length, shrink wrapped, split loamed. Very easy step-by-step directions. It a nice factory look. I think was $179.

I have 2720 with a 54" blower.

IMG_9601.JPG IMG_9602.JPG IMG_9603.JPG IMG_9604.JPG

Then I did the impeller (fan) mod, painted the inside of the chute, put some wax on and gave her some new shoes!!

IMG_9576.JPG IMG_9578.JPG IMG_9582.JPG

Now it just needs to snow! 😃😃

·
Premium Member
4,799 Posts
I didn't have a choice from Fergilli, either it was a 35 lb. or the 150,, so I went with the 150, 500 pound static and IP66 rated,, didn't trust the 35 pound unit. You may be right with the plastic hinge but I for one don't want to find out and I'm sure I've had heavier than 35 pounds of force, 200 static beating that chute especially in the down direction while the blower is eating a full load of snow/slush!!.. Randy a past moderator broke those plastic hinges seemingly on a regular basis just from up and down on the chute. The hinge starts to turn white at the intersection and get ready to replace it. Knock on wood, I haven't had to replace one yet...
Like I stated; the college snow force broke the 35 pound actuators on a regular basis, yes they no doubt cleared more than you or I would on a regular basis, but that told me to go with the higher pound actuator even if I don't need it.. The grounds boss a good friend, advised me to go that route,, so I did.. for a couple more dollars, to me, it was good insurance. but that's just me, I go overboard on everything especially when it comes to buying a good part. My dad was cheap and he very often had to buy the same part again and again.. not me, I learned from him to spend a couple extra bucks and get a good product. My mother used to say your father is a good one for gadgets! I bet he never had a "Gimble Ratchet"!!!

·
Registered
101 Posts
So I looked at my X758 and there are only four spaces on the left of steering wheel, not five spaces as Chad has? Mine is a 2015 model year if that make any difference.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts