Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 3046r that is currently equipped with SUV’s for the loader as well as an additional SCV operated by the thumb switch on the loser joystick. The tractor also has the power beyond plumbing for a backhoe or other implement.

I’d like to understand my options for adding another SCV. I see a vacant position for a lever near the PTO selector and 3pt control and assume it is intended for a lever.

The intent is to allow for top & tilt to be controlled separately without affecting the loader.

Thanks,
Toby

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
238 Posts
I just received a 3039r, along with the single scv at rear controlled by the loader lever mounted switch, I have 4 more ports that are controlled by a diverter valve in the loader circuit, to use them, flip a switch and use the loader control. Mine is the cab model, if yours is open station, then you can get dual rear with independent control.

·
Administrator
17,098 Posts
Toby, cab or open station machine?

·
Administrator
17,098 Posts
Toby,
Sorry I missed your previous reply.
There is only one option from JD, that is the 4th/5th diverter kit that redirected the two loader ports to the rear. There is no mechanical option that uses the slot your seeing.

We are working on a diverter setup now for the 3x20 series to "split" the one rear remote into two. This will allow a full TnT setup, or a HTL and Grapple without disconnecting any hoses There will have to be some minor changes to the kit to be able to work on the newer 3r family, I hope to get to that in the next few weeks.

Here is the setup on my 3720:

Attachments

·
Registered
238 Posts
On an open station 3 series , you can get independent 4th and 5th rear scv’s, on the cab model, you can’t. On the cab model it is a electric diverter kit that uses a switch on the console to activate, then use the loader control to operate the scv’s. the part number for kit is BLV10649.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Here are pics of how mine is set up. I don’t have PBY.

Attachments

·
Administrator
17,098 Posts
Boy that diverter and hardlines look vulnerable under there!

·
Registered
238 Posts
Yup, thought maybe jd could’ve found a better spot.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Ken,

Is that a powerpoint / voltmeter off to the right? If so, where can one obtain one of those fancy units?

[/QUOTE]

·
Administrator
17,098 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts

·
Administrator
17,098 Posts
Oh by the way, your battery voltage looks to be a bit low,....:hide:
Engine was not running and fan was on high as I recall...All is OK but thanks for your concern.

Since Deere prewires the cabs for every available option, there "should be" switched power in the side console? Or did you go all the way to the fuse block?
There are plenty of places in the console to get power, both switched and unswitched.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts