Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It doesn't seem like these tractors are set up with the intention of adding aftermarket electrical equipment to the existing blocks/harnesses. I've tapped into the 12v Aux plug wiring for the rotation motor on my Cyclone and now will need to get power to a Ken's diverter valve. I'm sure more will be added in the future. With this in mind, I'm thinking a sub-panel directly from the battery might be in order.

I've done a fair amount of this type of work in my boats, so am comfortable with the wiring aspect. My typical set up was to run the appropriate sized cable from the battery to one of these and then add the new equipment to the terminals.

Amazon.com : Blue Sea Systems 5025 ST Blade Fuse Block - 6 Circuits with Negative Bus and Cover : Auxiliary Fuse Block : Gateway

Has anyone done something similar? If so, what is the easiest path to get a decent size pair of wires (8AWG?) from the battery to the back of the cab and right console.

Thanks,

·
Administrator
17,974 Posts
...and now will need to get power to a Ken's diverter valve.

When you get the valve, you'll see in the instructions that we pull power from the unused 4th/5th diverter circuit with just a simple spade terminal.

I have not added any other non-OEM loads to a 3x20 or 3R series. When I added the horn and strobes, I used the existing circuits for those options.

Attachments

1 - 2 of 2 Posts