Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need some advice on adding power steering to my 330. I have an 86 318 I am parting out for the steering and H2 parts to put in my 330. I know adding the cylinder and mount should be easy, but the problem I see is I can not find anything about the mount for the steering valve. Is it different compared to a 318? I asked on facebook but they were completely useless. Don't really want to swap frames just for power steering (plus I have yet to actually find any around here). Any pics and info would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
Your best friend when contemplating such swaps is the Parts catalog for each model involved, as the existence of distinct part numbers indicates that there are design differences for similar functions among models.

It may very well be that the steering mounts for a water cooled model are different than the air cooled 318 as the radiator mounts in that area. I know there is no oil cooler in that region on the 330/332/322 and the frame in that area is enough different that the fender pans and side covers are different as well. Of course, you can always fabricate something rather custom to accomplish the mounting of the steering valve, etc -- but that takes much more thought and effort plus a base level of skill in custom welding, etc.

These documents may help get you started.

View attachment PC1924_318.pdf

View attachment PC2149_322.PDF

View attachment PC2057 330.PDF

View attachment PC2139 332 diesel LGT.pdf

Chuck

·
Registered
9,900 Posts
Two months ago I would have given you
a 332 frame.

I’d stick with the 330 frame and motor mounts. Add the 318 power steering brackets. Grafting the power steering cylinder mount should be easy.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Two months ago I would have given you
a 332 frame.

I’d stick with the 330 frame and motor mounts. Add the 318 power steering brackets. Grafting the power steering cylinder mount should be easy.
I was still debating on what to do with the 318 two months ago. I was looking at JDPC and thinking If the big steering box fits why won't a steering valve. Only thing i would need is the measurements off a 332 column mount. From what i could gather the only thing is an extra bracket on the 330. I plan on adding H2 and pulling radiator to clean cooling system anyway so might as well do everything at once.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts