Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently got a 47" blower for my tractor. In looking at it I was thinking some 6" or so wings like my old wheelhorse blower had would be nice. They would get clearing width a ways out past the tractor. This blower does not seem to be as heavily made as that old 36" unit, but is a lot nicer.

Just wondering if anybody has done this before, and if so how did the sides of the unit hold up to aditional hardware being attached to it?

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Those look nice. The wheel horse I sold a few years back was a '65. Yours looks a bit older as well.

I was more questioning today's 47/54" blower family.

I suppose if it worked on the old ones it should work fine on the new ones as well. As long as I don't whack something with them!

Guess I need to get it drawn and off to the fab shop...

·
Administrator
18,331 Posts
I remember a few guys on TBN doing that and reporting good results. One JD salesman named Dutch (Dutch445 on TBN) had some made, but I dont know how many or if he still is selling them.

·
Premium Member
14,913 Posts

·
Corndog Hater
11,778 Posts
I added these to my 47" blower. They added 6" per side to make the blower 59". They worked great on my 2320, but find them a little cumbersome/clumsy with the blower on my 1026R, and they were getting pretty rusted. So I just removed them and am going to try a winter without them to see how it goes. I drilled them to use the existing holes on the the sides of the blower, so that the blower was not modified in any way.

On the 2320

On the 1026R

The 1026R right now

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for those pictures! That is about what I am wanting to do. I was thinking of coming back to the rear of the side and then adding a kicker brace. Better overbuilt than not I think.

Why were you finding them cumbersome?

Does the blower still seem to have enough power when packing in another foot of snow?

Thanks,
Aaron

Reactions: Mr2race

·
Corndog Hater
11,778 Posts
The brace would definitely be a good addition. The blower has the power you just have to go a little slower when taking a full bite.

As for them being cumbersome, I think it is an individual choice thing. I have a good sized curve in the driveway and the 2320 was always packing down snow the blower couldn't get on the inside of the curve. It seemed like a huge deal at the time and the wings helped with that. It isn't a real big deal with the 1026R and maybe I have mellowed.:lol: The biggest issue with them is in how I built them. The leading edge of them needs to be shaped in a more sweeping arc shape, similar to that of the blower. I reshaped them some, but they still drag on the pavement a lot in certain spots. Also, I still have to make 3 passes up the driveway, so they didn't save me much time. Keep us posted on what you do.:good2:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts