Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,565 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I ordered my Gator a month ago, I struggled with additional lighting options and since I had the three off-road lights on my 850D, I knew what to expect from John Deere. Not that they were horrible, but they were not what I would consider to he great off-road lights. Also due to the lack of power output electrically on the diesel model, I wanted LED's.

I went out looking at PIAA, KC and Mobile HID and ended up going with Mobile HID due to the housing and construction of the light along with the price. I just got them in the mail last night and opened them up to confirm my choice. I was thrilled.

These lights are cast aluminum for heat dissipation and they are fairly heavy. I will be installing them soon in my free line and trying to show everyone the output. After being out on the Gator 2 nights ago pretty late, I know I want more lighting!

Here are pictures of the 827's I ordered. Work Lights, HID Work Lights, HID Lighting, Work HID Lights, LED Work Lights, we have it all!

2012-10-02_19-37-32_205.jpg

2012-10-02_19-37-48_243.jpg

·
Administrator
17,289 Posts
They look cool, looking forward to some night shots to see the output.

·
Premium Member
792 Posts
I don't drive my Gator much at night. The few times I have, the lights are very poor. They look like some really nice lights, hopefully they work out well for you:good2:

·
Administrator
20,359 Posts
I believe these are the same lights 56FordGuy has on his truck. He has some good pics of the light output. Maybe he'll see this and repost those pics for us.:good2: (wink wink)

·
Premium Member
10,057 Posts
I believe these are the same lights 56FordGuy has on his truck. He has some good pics of the light output. Maybe he'll see this and repost those pics for us.:good2: (wink wink)
Those are very similat to the lights I have. It looks like yours have more LEDs in each assembly.I did post a thread when I installed them on my truck. It's in the trucks ad towing section, I'll see if this link works.

http://www.greentractortalk.com/forums/trucks-trailers-towing/3147-led-worklights.html

·
Premium Member
3,565 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Premium Member
10,057 Posts
When I bought them, they were the only 4" round LED worklights that Mobile HID offered. I just checked their website again, and based on current draw I believe my lights are the 18 watt versions. Mine have six individual LEDs, where it looks like yours have a lot more. I didn't see a photo that looked like what you have there. Are they 18 or 27 watts?

I can't wait to see the results! :munch:

·
Premium Member
3,565 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
These are The 827's or the 4" 27 watt ones. I have a goal of getting them installed this weekend, but between football, my wife's plans and a little hunting, I might not be able to.

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
36,086 Posts
These are The 827's or the 4" 27 watt ones. I have a goal of getting them installed this weekend, but between football, my wife's plans and a little hunting, I might not be able to.
:munch:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Promotional code

Hey guys,

Just wanted to chime in here and let you know we set up a promo code for the Green Tractor Talk community.

Just enter in "gtt" during the checkout process and save yourself 15% :)

Should any of you have any questions, please feel free to call at 480-329-2175.

Cheers!

Clifford

·
Administrator
20,359 Posts
Hey guys,

Just wanted to chime in here and let you know we set up a promo code for the Green Tractor Talk community.

Just enter in "gtt" during the checkout process and save yourself 15% :)

Should any of you have any questions, please feel free to call at 480-329-2175.

Cheers!

Clifford
Thanks for the tip and discount Clifford! :hi:

·
Premium Member
3,565 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I have not had time with all the other projects. This weekend my in laws are in town. So maybe next weekend? But thats rifle season. I need to soon as my wife keeps telling me to get them out of the house.

Sent via TapaTalk from a hunting blind near you. :)

Attachments

·
Premium Member
10,057 Posts
...I need to soon as my wife keeps telling me to get them out of the house.
You could just mail them to me, and I could put them on my Gator. :lol::lol:

I believe I'm going to order a set, so I can do a side by side comparison with the 18 watt versions. The price difference can't be that much.

·
Premium Member
3,565 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Finally, I was able to escape to the garage and install the lights on the gator. Everything was easy as I bought the factory deere light switch and used a KC Highlights relay and wiring setup. There is a small fuse box in the front of the gator where i tapped power and use the bolts as a ground.

I have not been able to test the lights as its still light out:eek:

I mounted the switch sideways in a prepunched slot. This will help me and others to k ow what switch is for the main and fogs as the switch is the same for the headlights. The reflectors look like lights in the pictures, sorry.

Sent via TapaTalk from a hunting blind near you. :)

Attachments

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
I bought some 27W LEDs on ebay this spring, they are crazy bright!!! Have three on my Toro, two of which are quick disconnect to get moved to my 2520s loader for winter work. I highly recommend these types of lights.

Pic one is from the seat of my Toro. 3 27W lights
Pic two is factory 2520 headlights
Pic 3 is the factory 2520 lights and two 27W lights
Pic 4 is head on the 2520

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,074 Posts
I bought some 27W LEDs on ebay this spring, they are crazy bright!!! Have three on my Toro, two of which are quick disconnect to get moved to my 2520s loader for winter work. I highly recommend these types of lights.
Those are awesom! Can you give me more details, or a 'link'? I need some badly.........~Scotty

Either here, or a PM. Thanks! ~S

·
Premium Member
1,074 Posts
Need energy draw education.........

Thanks- Newt for that PM'd info. Now my question: On a car alternator they state the output! 30-42, 0r 50 amps! When I shopped for lights that Newt suggested, there is many different options. 27w, 36w, and a 72w, in a light bar configuration. My thought was that I might just take the stock lights out of the 318, and replace them with the bar-light, and tuck it in the same area as the stock lights occupy. This bar draws 4.8 amps at 12v. Now, I'll be running the Electro-Clutch at the same time for the Blower, or mower. So, What I need help with, is how much power do I have to work with in the Stator/regulator system on a 318, or is what I'm looking at doing, just not feisable? Last thing that I want to do is smoke the Stator on frivolous (although really nice) lights!

If Newt is using 3- 27 watt work lamps, along with the stock headlights, he's already surpassed the 72 watt limit that I am fearing. But then I don't know if he's running a Stator type charging system, or a side 'Can-Type', belt-driven Alternator. Any help is appreciated. Hey! Great Christmas and Holiday to all from Buffalo NY! ~Scotty

14" LED Light Bar Work Light Off Road Boat Dune Buggy Truck Rhino Jeep 72W Watts | eBay

Edit- Thanks Brian! ~S

·
Premium Member
1,074 Posts
Newt- Thanks for that second PM re the 21" light bar rated at 120watts. Duh! I knew the conversion from watts to amps was easy, just had a brain [email protected]!! A 120watt unit at 12 volts, draws 10amps! The 72watt unit at 12 volts draws 6 ! Now if I can just get someone to chime in on how much I should have available so I don't cook my wiring, Stator, Regulator, or all three, I'll be golden! :laugh:~Scotty

1 - 20 of 26 Posts