Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,687 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The rear tires look like the air pressure is too low,,,

Would you increase the air pressure??

Maybe the tires need to be filled with fluid?

Too many tire plugs?

What do you think?? :dunno:

:laugh:

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
Fill the holes with sprayfoam...

Seems like they would "flatspot" if parked for a while.....Not like its a high speed unit though.

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
The rears look that way because of the amount of counter weight needed on the rear for lifting max loads. I'll bet the fronts look like the rear when a heavy load is lifted.

Edit. Yes I know they are airless tires.

·
Registered
3,687 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Seems like its gonna be a pain in the butt to get beet juice into those tires. :laugh::hide:
I wonder if they are available as radials,, :dunno:

radials would corner better,,, :yahoo:

·
Registered
2,338 Posts
The rear tires look like the air pressure is too low,,,

Would you increase the air pressure??

Maybe the tires need to be filled with fluid?

Too many tire plugs?

What do you think?? :dunno:

:laugh:
tsk tsk tsk... You are ONLY supposed to use a proper gauge to evaluate pressure. One can simply not tell by "looking" at the tires.

·
Registered
3,687 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
tsk tsk tsk... You are ONLY supposed to use a proper gauge to evaluate pressure. One can simply not tell by "looking" at the tires.
The ~70 year old guy that fluid filled the tires on my 584IH only did a pressure check "by eye"

He inflated to tire until two bars were touching, just like the rear tire on that pictured loader.

After he left, I checked the height of the tire (to the highest point on the steel wheel)
BOTH were identical, as close as I could measure with a tape measure,,

I wrote the height on the wall in the shed where the tractor is parked,,
I have had to add air one time since I installed the new rear tires, and had them filled.

So, the tire guy said "2 bars touching" was proper inflation for my tires,,, :dunno:

·
Registered
2,338 Posts
The ~70 year old guy that fluid filled the tires on my 584IH only did a pressure check "by eye"

He inflated to tire until two bars were touching, just like the rear tire on that pictured loader.

After he left, I checked the height of the tire (to the highest point on the steel wheel)
BOTH were identical, as close as I could measure with a tape measure,,

I wrote the height on the wall in the shed where the tractor is parked,,
I have had to add air one time since I installed the new rear tires, and had them filled.

So, the tire guy said "2 bars touching" was proper inflation for my tires,,, :dunno:
Which is appropriate based on the weight being borne relative to how the tire should displace the weight on the ground. But, it isn't set to a specific "pressure". If you were to increase the weight, you would have more of the tire touching but the pressure would not have changed. So, he wasn't setting or measuring pressure in the tires...

·
Premium Member
7,451 Posts
I want some of those in 11L-15 for the front of my 2030. I already had one flat this year. :flag_of_truce:

·
Registered
2,594 Posts
Take the chains off. :laugh:

·
Registered
3,687 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I want some of those in 11L-15 for the front of my 2030. I already had one flat this year. :flag_of_truce:
My BIL bought these for the planter when they were growing cotton,,
the cotton stems would stick in the original tires, the tires looked like porcupines!! :laugh:

Agriculture Tires

Buy them pre-mounted on wheels,, 26 ply tires take a real "man" to mount on a wheel,,,

We want pics when they arrive,,, :good2:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts