Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
948 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I bent my adjustable lift arm on the 3038e today. Do you guys go back OEM, or is there an aftermarket adjustable lift arm that I haven't found and I am missing out on?
20210412_172001.jpg

·
Registered
581 Posts
Was that the original adjustable lift arm link?

Reactions: driveshaft

·
Registered
5,565 Posts
I think pretty much any farm and home will have those.

Dave

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Bend it back?

·
Registered
948 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Think Ill just get the lower yoke assembly from JD for $55 and be happy I didnt break it more. Seems kinda steep for one small chunk of the whole assembly but the 3 point is useless without it so...

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
40,812 Posts
Think Ill just get the lower yoke assembly from JD for $55 and be happy I didnt break it more. Seems kinda steep for one small chunk of the whole assembly but the 3 point is useless without it so...
(y)

·
Registered
7,252 Posts
I’d probably take the bent one in to TSC and do a stare and compare, if possible.
Yep, at least measure the length. If that one is too bent, measure the other side and take a guess on how much adjustment you have. I've seriously considered getting a TS or AgriSupply adjustable arm and put it on the left side so both can be adjusted. I've also got a dealer of another brand who has a stack of adjustable arms because he sells hydraulic adjustable ones and most customers don't want the originals.

Treefarmer

·
Registered
581 Posts
Buy the TSC one and try it. It if doesn’t work, take it back and then but the JD lower part.

Reactions: Treefarmer

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
You're lucky it's that cheap. Buy two!
I sacrificed my original adjustable lower, to my local hydraulic shop, so I could keep the float feature that the side links on my machine have. The clevis portion that attaches to the lower arm, is slotted, which allows a part to be rotated out of that slot, which in turn lets the lower arm pin float vertically inside the clevis.
It was cheaper, way less time consuming, to go this route, than to fab or have them fab an identical part.
I was able to buy the replacement lower section, from Greepartsstore.com, it was $132 shipped. I would have sacrificed the cheaper ($78) fixed side link, except it is NLA.

Screenshot 2021-04-13 17.48.12.png

1 - 14 of 14 Posts