Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been curious since I got my x584 last fall if there is any way to adjust the sensitivity of the pedals. It takes just barely any pressure to get moving fast in either direction and if you're not cautious it can lead to some really jerky mowing as you turn around for another pass in the opposite direction. I've gotten used to it but i'm still curious if anyone else has experienced this or made any adjustments. TIA.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Mine does the same thing. I'm going to pull the small shock absorber behind the right rear tire to see if it's worn out.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I only have 9 hours so I assume that is just how these machines come from the factory. Is there any way to adjust the sensitivity?

·
Registered
447 Posts
There is a shock absorber in your fwd/rev peddel linkage. When it goes bad it tends to make the tractor accelerate and slow down in a less than smooth fashion. Your tractor should be very easy to control in a smooth manor. If you mash the peddel to the floor it will jump very quickly but light foot movements should give you very smooth control.

Make sure the shock is working correctly it's the most likely cause of your issue.

Part Number M808782 it's #8 in the diagram here.
John Deere Parts Catalog

·
Registered
324 Posts
The price on that part is obscene. There's no need for a company like Deere to do that. I mean come on, there must be a 10X mark up on that part. Ridiculous.
:banghead:

·
Premium Member
3,227 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts