Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have read through a bunch of threads, but no one talks about exactly how to adjust the idle speed. My 1023E has always idled well below the 1575 +/- 25 but as I approach 50 hours it is getting closer to 1000 which does cause a lot of vibration. I almost never run it at idle so not terribly worried but I would like to set it up properly. I could take it back to dealer, but it seems like it should be simple enough and not worth the hassle to bring it back, unless I am missing something.

So I found this in the service manual, but it does not make sense to me. My governor lever (point A )will only touch that top stop at High speed not low speed. It seems to me that the idle stop screw is really where I have the red arrow. I would think I would adjust the screw at arrow until I get 1500 and then adjust the two jam nuts on the throttle cable so that the lever on dash is all the way down when the throttle lever touches the stop screw ( red arrow).

See my setup today when at idle in picture.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,593 Posts
You need to make your adjustment here.

Throttle.jpg

Reactions: Levi

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
Would a customer making any adjustments to fuel supply cause any issues for warranty claims in future?

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I understand the cable adjustment, but I don't understand the service manual showing that gap in circle being closed at idle and mid closes at full throttle. What is the true stop? Mine is against the screw where my arrow is at idle.

·
Premium Member
6,593 Posts
How old is your service manual? I just recently had to buy an update to my 2520 as it was missing information. They are constantly updating these things.

Reactions: Drifterbike

·
Premium Member
6,593 Posts

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Not the first JD manual with a mistake that I have found and I am sure we have a long thread about what others with more experience than me have found.

Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Just bought/got home my 1023E today.
It's idle speed is too high at 1800 and only throttles up to 540/2600 area.
Tomorrow I will look this adjustment.

·
Premium Member
9,172 Posts
Just bought/got home my 1023E today.
It's idle speed is too high at 1800 and only throttles up to 540/2600 area.
Tomorrow I will look this adjustment.
If the engine RPM range is not within factory specs, I would have the dealer service department look into it, especially on a brand new machine. Making any adjustments to the injector pump or altering the engine's operating speeds can VOID the Factory warranty.....Just be aware.............

""C.WHAT IS NOT WARRANTED –JOHN DEERE IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE FOLLOWING:(1) Used Equipment;(2) Any Equipment that has been altered or modified in ways not approved by John Deere, including, but not limited to, setting injection pump fuel delivery above John Deere specifications;""

1 - 11 of 11 Posts