Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1025r with 150 hrs. The idle is 1600 rpm‘s what should it be and how is it adjusted. Thanks

·
Registered
717 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,728 Posts
Yup. 1575 from the factory. Mine was that and I took it down to 1300. A lot more bearable on the ears. I just bump it up a little at startup. Takes a couple minutes with a couple 10mm and 11mm open end wrenches to adjust the stop bolt on the injector pump and the throttle cable. Pretty simple and a lot less racket but that’s just my preference. Any lower and it’ll shake too much.

·
Registered
244 Posts
If you lower the minimum, which sounds enticing, is it still able to attain the full range to maximum?
Seems that he's just adjusting the idle stop screw, in that case then yes. Now if one was to adjust the cable position with respect to the fuel control lever then no.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Yeah drop it 1300, seams the hood is what vibrates the most. Some foam will help that, pipe insulation pool noodle, or just deal with it.

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
No good reason to lower the idle lower than spec. Yeah, it sounds high (if you are not used to it), but that is the way it is supposed to be.

·
Registered
576 Posts
I’ve adjusted idle on many a machine where it was off before, but why on a new machine if it’s idling at spec?

Reactions: farmer52

·
Registered
John Deere 1026R
119 Posts
Because of how high the idle speed is. My 2305 didn't idle at 1600 rpms. I want to say it was more around 1200. Sort of like when you start your car or truck first thing on a cold morning, and the idle speed is high is how I seems to me.

·
Registered
576 Posts
Right, I get it. That was the previous machine.

let me rephrase:
Is there a Diesel engine reason why JD / yanmar has set the wrong spec?

For example:
It’s only emissions?

Everybody who lowers the idle reports increased vibration. That seems bad.

·
Premium Member
'20 1025R, 120R, 54D
1,416 Posts
Diesels in general don't like to idle. I'm sure Yanmar/Deere had good reason to set it at 1575.

Also, not sure why this is a problem for many... are people really sitting around just to listen to their machines idle? Get on it and run it like you stole it! ;)

·
Premium Member
4,728 Posts
Some of us have more sensitive ears Mark. Anyways. There are a plethura of threads about this. Here’s one with some people in it that I trust know their stuff. Makes me want to bump mine back up

·
Premium Member
'20 1025R, 120R, 54D
1,416 Posts
Reactions: scooterman and Kbar

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
Diesels in general don't like to idle. I'm sure Yanmar/Deere had good reason to set it at 1575.

Also, not sure why this is a problem for many... are people really sitting around just to listen to their machines idle? Get on it and run it like you stole it! ;)
Right, if it's idling and you don't like the sound, shut it off. Otherwise bump it up and run it the way it is engineered to be run.

Reactions: MarkEagleUSA

·
Registered
160 Posts
I've gotten used to the high idle speed - it's the screaming 3300 rpm full throttle that makes my teeth clench!

·
Registered
717 Posts
I didn't think the diesel noise was bad - but then I got hearing aids.

So I've started wearing my Bose noise-cancelling headphones while on the tractor. What a difference they make in peace and quiet while working. If I'd started wearing hearing protection years ago, maybe I could have saved the $6,000 hearing aid money to spend on more tractor stuff.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts