Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got my 47" snowblower installed but noticed the lift height was only 1.5" when lifted (it should be 5 inches according to the manual). I lowered the blower to the ground to take the tension off of the arms from the weight of the blower and am tightening the two lock nuts (#8) on each lifting arm but it still seems rather difficult. Is it easier if you disconnect the arm from the lifting mechanism (#9) itself and then tighten or something else to get it to move faster? The manual didn't really say which way to adjust but simple logic is telling me to shorten the length of the arms and I'll lift the blower higher :)

I also managed to break the stupid plastic bearing that holds the deflector controls. Now to wait for a replacement :banghead::banghead:

Screen Shot 2018-11-25 at 10.08.35 PM.png

·
Registered
3,871 Posts
Is the mower height adjustment at 0.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Is the mower height adjustment at 0.
It's at 1, which is the lowest on the dial unless you continue to turn it counter clockwise.
IMG_20181126_060218.jpg

As you can see form the photo of the locknuts I haven't adjusted them much from their original position. Maybe about a 1/4 inch.
IMG_20181126_060240.jpg

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
And shouldn't the height setting not really matter for raising the blower? All settings bring the deck or front attachments back to the maximum permitted lift height correct?

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Mine was installed by the dealer.
Of course. I figure it has to just be tightening those lock nuts. 1-2" really doesn't seem like a lot of clearance when lifted. Especially if you're turning and the surface is not level. I could easily see scraping one side if it can't be lifted higher. Are your lock nuts threaded on about the same distance as mine are?

·
Registered
3,871 Posts
is there any chance that anything installed on the blower (bracket wise) put on by the dealer is on upside down.Meaning it could go either way causing this not to lift properly.I don't know if this helps.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Tom - that's the way I have it installed. I'm pretty sure I just need to tighten the lock nuts. I was just wondering if anyone else out there has had the same experience as the manual doesn't provide a lot of clarity.

If you look at the video you can see that it looks like the lock nuts are threaded on at least an inch.
Screen Shot 2018-11-27 at 7.10.58 AM.png

·
Registered
29 Posts
Ean, you were right I called a knowledgeable service tech from another dealer and he told me to turn the lock nuts so you have 1/2" threads showing. It worked great I now have 4-1/2" lift.
He told me that's perfect. Thanks for posting this.
P.S. Please send some of your snow to northern Wi.

Keith

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
Ean, you were right I called a knowledgeable service tech from another dealer and he told me to turn the lock nuts so you have 1/2" threads showing. It worked great I now have 4-1/2" lift.
He told me that's perfect. Thanks for posting this.
P.S. Please send some of your snow to northern Wi.

Keith
Keith - I started off with about 3/4" of threads on each rod showing. I had to take them inside and put them in a vise to turn them by hand. There is some thread locker on these which makes them harder to move. I took them back outside, put them on (I had the move the lift dial past 1 (to 0 or the unmarked area) to lower the lift a little more to fit the rods in. Once I hooked everything up it lifted to almost 6". Everything looked fine as far as nothing interfering or rubbing but I thought it should move down per the manual instructions. I threaded the lock nuts back until 5/8" of thread was showing. It seems about perfect now. It lifts somewhere between 4.5-5".

The photo shows them at 3/4" before I adjusted them back. Sorry about the photo. I took it in portrait mode but it seems like when uploaded it rotates 90 degrees left. Maybe it's just me but I couldn't figure out how to adjust it.
IMG_20181127_165935.jpg

·
Registered
3 Posts
Does somebody here know what size wrench that locknut needs? I know it's bigger than 1 inch, and can't find the size in the manual. Thanks.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Does somebody here know what size wrench that locknut needs? I know it's bigger than 1 inch, and can't find the size in the manual. Thanks.
I'm not sure exactly what size socket might work but just use an adjustable wrench and you'll be good. I have a 10" adjustable which opens to almost 1.5" and it works well.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts