Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, As my title states I want to aerate my lawn with my EZ-track 445 Zero-turn. Is this a good idea? This is the aerator I hope to rent for the job,
Aerator, Pull-Behind | The Rental House

I bought a new 2025r, but I don't know when it's going to show up. the temps are dipping below 0ºC at night, but still are some mild days,

I just bought this acreage in sept, and would like to aerate and overseed before the snow flies. I did want to fertilize and par III but I think I missed that boat.

So should I aerate with my zero turn mower? Or wait a few weeks and use the tractor?

Thanks! Dan

and, yes, Im a newbie, so any helpful tips Do's/Don'ts in fertilizing, de-weeding and overseeding/watering 2.5 acres is all helpful welcomed advise! (no, my acreage didn't appear to come with a manual lol)

·
Super Moderator
8,158 Posts
Hello all, As my title states I want to aerate my lawn with my EZ-track 445 Zero-turn. Is this a good idea? This is the aerator I hope to rent for the job,
Aerator, Pull-Behind | The Rental House

I bought a new 2025r, but I don't know when it's going to show up. the temps are dipping below 0ºC at night, but still are some mild days,

I just bought this acreage in sept, and would like to aerate and overseed before the snow flies. I did want to fertilize and par III but I think I missed that boat.

So should I aerate with my zero turn mower? Or wait a few weeks and use the tractor?

Thanks! Dan

and, yes, Im a newbie, so any helpful tips Do's/Don'ts in fertilizing, de-weeding and overseeding/watering 2.5 acres is all helpful welcomed advise! (no, my acreage didn't appear to come with a manual lol)
I have a 2320 that I use with a Lesco LA6000E 3PH aerator, same as the Classen 60RT & John Deere 60RT units. It also has a removable drawbar and transport wheels. Now is a great time to aerate and it's not too late to over seed. The seed should take hold and begin to germinate. Some starter fertilizer won't hurt either.

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
37,875 Posts
I'd wait for the tractor. You would probably be ok with the ZTR depending on how much weight you add to the aerator.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks guys! - I would've replied earlier but I didn't get any notifications.
I used the ZTR with the 42" core aerator, it worked great, other than the hitch mouth being a bit low, on the aerator the lowest I could get a core was about 2", but that pretty good I figure. I also seeded and fertilized with the ZTR -

JD is dropping the tractor off tomorrow! so excited!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts