Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Super Moderator
7,089 Posts
Move somewhere where there aren't any rocks!

But seriously, the perfectionist's answer is to get something like a rockhound to windrow the rocks off to the side of the driveway and then rake afterwards.

If the number of rocks isn't to bad you could get a rock bucket for your loader and then rake, pick up the bigger rocks with the rock bucket and then make a final pass with the rake again.

·
Super Moderator
7,089 Posts
I have a question somewhat related to what the OP asked. I've been using my landscape rake (LR2060L) on my 1025R to attempt to get rocks out of a field I want to seed. It sorta does OK, and with the rake at an angle, I can move most of the rocks into windrows, as others have suggested. The rake, however, tends to move quite a bit of the soft dirt as well.

My question is once I have these windrows of dirt and rocks, how do I get rid of them? Currently, I've been using a plastic tine rake to sorta fling them into the FEL bucket, but that takes forever. Does anyone have a technique to pick
them up that works well? The windrows are not very tall, so I don't think the loader could pick them up by itself - I think it would just push them aside and not scoop them up.

Sorry if this is a really dumb newbie question.... :)
It's not a dumb question at all. It's an issue that lots of people have run in to over the years and frankly, there really isn't a good (cheap) solution. The "best" solution I've seen is to find a single row potato harvester and then attach a trailer to the back end of that so that the rocks drop into the trailer and you can haul them off and dump them where you want them.

·
Super Moderator
7,089 Posts
You can put a rock bucket on your loader and pick up rocks one scoop at a time with that too The dirt/fines will sift out with a shake or two.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.