Green Tractor Talk banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
2,508 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
I'm finding there search bar less than helpfull....I'm a touch challenged @ getting right the first time or ever..

I'll keep digging or just call and see whats up.

Called the Warn "Factory" accross town today.....No showroom ,no visitors ,no help.
Looked into Ramsey for simple...They show a pic...No phone #. , I hate email tag.

I'm not giving up.....Wrecking yards up here are slim & none...Most got bought out for subdivisions or DEQ ( dirt /hasmat police)shut them down. There is 1 thats a maybe not too far away.

·
Premium Member
8,976 Posts
Even without the winch, the ability to stand on the bumper like Flyweight's picture is a big bonus in my book.

·
Registered
2,508 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Even without the winch, the ability to stand on the bumper like Flyweight's picture is a big bonus in my book.
Exactly.....who would want one with a slanted top...useless to me.

·
Chief Stick-picker-upper
13,194 Posts
Exactly.....who would want one with a slanted top...useless to me.
Duke, the so-called "Younger Guys" I spoke of earlier, are going for the Stealthy-Look. They don't need a flat-top platform to stand on. Mommy or Daddy will pay for their truck to be serviced by a "Professional."

Take your time hunting for the bumper you like/want. I'm sure you'll find one when you stop looking. :p

·
Registered
4,395 Posts

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
MurphRanch

Do the ranch hand brand actually have a useable flat spot /step on the Top of bumper?

Pics I'm seeing just don't show that detail very well.
I have a Ranch Hand on my 07 Duramax and I can stand on it. I have a winch bumper as well, IIRC it's set up for a WARN but I have a Superwinch. I think I bought mine from the Bumperstore. There maybe a small selection for your year because it's 13 years old and most folks buy aftermarket bumpers when the truck is new. I bought mine in 2016 after someone pulled out in front of my wife. How you miss a bright red dually 4x4 is beyond me...

Reactions: theduke and mjncad

·
Registered
2,508 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
I'm still in the hunt....
Found a few local but not likin the look.

Anything I like is 400$ in shipping...PNW has zero inventory

·
Premium Member
8,976 Posts
That's a boatload of booze that you could buy for $400.

Reactions: theduke

·
Registered
2,508 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
IMG_20210109_124606438.jpg
IMG_20210109_124555282.jpg

·
Registered
2,508 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Whatever..I'm not crazy about this.....Its the best I could do.

Fab Four Bumper...1460$
Some vision Cannon lights..500$
VR 12 evo?...maybe winch with some wireless GiZmo..585$

So $4K ++ for my idiocricy.......

No one makes a bumper to hold an old school 8274 winch.......Werds cannot describe how mad this makes me.

What ya see is the best I could do.

Its OK+....not super impressed.....I think they build these so your air bag BS will still werk.
Yea I can Kinda stand on it....Its better than a bunch I looked at.....I could still bend it easily ...hopefully never.

·
Administrator
19,579 Posts
I think it looks great (y)

Reactions: rtgt and trav

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Well
I smashed my factory bumper yesterday...2007 Dodge 3500...yea I got a pic.

Looking at all the options....too many.

Problem is they are all goofy looking.

I'd like an old school type;
Flat Top so I can stand on it.
Open top in Winch area so I can use a Warn 8274 (upright) type winch. I have a couple xtras and don't want to purchase a low profile type.

Anyone have a clue of a brand like I'm looking for?

There are many many Manfactures.. View attachment 762549
All that for those tiny little dents? You and I would get along great. "Welp, headlight bulb went out, going to need a LED light bar, and new mud terrains now"

Reactions: Kbar and rtgt
21 - 32 of 32 Posts