Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my new AfterShed. After: TTWT and GTT.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
438 Posts
I had to "thank you" for this because the clever name gave me quite the laugh. :lol:

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
AfterShed update

Filled some post holes. Prepping for a slab. It’s going to be mostly hand work. The views from here are awfully distracting.

Attachments

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My wife’s elk friends are never far away. Meanwhile, I’m passing my time in the AfterShed getting the most out of my whacker. We talk a lot here on GTT about a good tractor dealer relationship. It is true. My $40 compactor rental got me a 30 minute advice and commentary session on what to look for in selecting a concrete contractor.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
My wife’s elk friends are never far away. Meanwhile, I’m passing my time in the AfterShed getting the most out of my whacker. We talk a lot here on GTT about a good tractor dealer relationship. It is true. My $40 compactor rental got me a 30 minute advice and commentary session on what to look for in selecting a concrete contractor.
So let me get this straight.... You paid to play with someone else's whacker?
I can't say that I saw that one coming.

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
36,136 Posts
So let me get this straight.... You paid to play with someone else's whacker?
I can't say that I saw that one coming.
:munch: :lolol:

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
After my initial plate compacting I had a few low spots. I added 3.5 more yards of fine 3/4 minus and plate compacted it again, just for good measure. I sent some pictures to an already too busy contractor. He came over and my enticement worked. It just looks too easy for him to pass it up. I’m counting on April showers to drive my floor to a sooner, rather than later, completion. Now if I could just get my teeth to stop chattering, well, that would be great too.

Attachments

·
Registered
563 Posts
Nice looking barn. Were you going to insulate or add a heater? I'd be interested in the methods you choose.

I'm waiting on my doors to be made and installed. Can't wait to get some security with working doors, a little breezy right now.

Meanwhile is a 30' Grady White.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Rakane,

I’m not going to insulate most of it. I’m going to do a 12x24 tool room/shop that will be insulated and heated-not sure how. I’m looking into portable radiant patio heaters for doing projects in the winter in the larger space Not trying to heat the space. Just trying to use radiant heat waves to broil my flesh. The bypass doors have some gaps and I put gable vents in to let it breathe. My thoughts are that ventilation is my friend.

I’ve been following your thread as well. It’s interesting the different engineering techniques and building codes.

·
Registered
548 Posts
After seeing that you may heat a particular area with patio heater or heaters I would like to remind you that a patio heater or any other heater that has an open flame and isn't vented can potentially kill you with carbon monoxide poisoning. Just something to keep in mind when you are thinking of heating options.

·
Premium Member
619 Posts
I blame Tim for most of the things I've spent money on in the last year too.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
After two weeks of periodic rain the concrete contractor made a surprise visit. One door formed and chalk lines snapped. Need more rain I guess.

Attachments

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
The concrete guy called this morning. He was getting ready to pour a porch, driveway, and sidewalks today at a house that is visible in my Whacker picture above. He had a loaded concrete truck on site. Apparently a last minute check of the weather report put him into a panic. Fifteen minutes later the concrete truck was in my front driveway. 39 minutes from when he placed the call pins had been driven and the first mud hit the ground. He did 24x36 today.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 30 Posts