Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking at a used AT 2072 (72" width) 3pt 2-stage blower to use with my 4200. The one I am considering has manual chute deflector/rotation. Any comments (good or bad) on this machine? TIA

·
Registered
371 Posts
I can't comment on the blower, but if I were to do it again I would have sprung for an electric chute.

Any pictures or know what kind of condition it's in?

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Blower came from VA and seller states it was not used much. I don't have a good pic of the auger but here is one from the back side. I am planning to look at it tomorrow afternoon.

·
Premium Member
14,378 Posts
Blower came from VA and seller states it was not used much. I don't have a good pic of the auger but here is one from the back side. I am planning to look at it tomorrow afternoon.
The only issue I can see with the Agro Trend, and this photo seems to confirm it, is they do not use skid shoes on the blower housing. They use the edges of the side plates as skids. This presents two problems... it offers no adjustability and you can easily wear out the sides of the blower from rubbing on the ground.

I have however, seen folks drill holes and mount after market skid shoes to the housing side plates.

Reactions: theduke

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Skid shoes are on the sides. Not sure if they are factory installed or add on.

·
Premium Member
14,378 Posts
Skid shoes are on the sides. Not sure if they are factory installed or add on.
View attachment 757794
I'm pretty sure those are not factory shoes. They are also way too small for a snow blower of that size. It seems to be very difficult to find much information on Agro-Trend on-line. Apparently they were acquired by Art's Way back in 2014. I only mention that because you might want to verify that parts are readily available prior to purchasing a used unit.

Reactions: farmer52

·
Registered
371 Posts
Spin the auger, spin the PTO shaft, check the chain, rotate the chute. There aren't too many moving parts, but make sure what is supposed to move does move, and what shouldn't move does not move.

Reactions: farmer52

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm pretty sure those are not factory shoes. They are also way too small for a snow blower of that size. It seems to be very difficult to find much information on Agro-Trend on-line. Apparently they were acquired by Art's Way back in 2014. I only mention that because you might want to verify that parts are readily available prior to purchasing a used unit.
Thanks for the "heads up". I tried to get info and same thing, not much.
I saw another AT blower for sale closer to me (not as nice and twice the price) and it has the same shoes. I will be using it on a gravel drive so I will set the shoes high and keep the blower raised enough to prevent blowing gravel. I can always modify the shoes with longer runners.
I am curious if AT made the blower or another company.
Plans are to look at it on Friday morning. I am taking my trailer just in case. It is about a two (2) hour drive from my PA farm. The price is about 1/3 to 1/4 of a new one. I figure for the price it would be a good buy as long as everything that moves - moves and what shouldn't does not move.

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well it followed my home today. The only "disappointment" is the scraper is welded rather than bolted. No big deal since it will not be used on pavement. As I mentioned before, I will set the runners so the scraper should not contact the ground. The dealer also had a few Land Pride and Woods blowers. I compared them and they all have similar construction. The only real differences were the bolted scraper and different skid shoes. The 2072 was used very little as the auger, blower, and chute paint are barely worn as are the scraper and shoes. The paint is slightly faded but no biggie. Once home, I adjusted the chute so it rotates freely, oiled the chain, and greased all the bearings and PTO shaft. FWIW, I paid $1250. Well worth it in my opinion considering the cost of a new blower.

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I found a brochure on the interweb and on page 3 it shows a pic of the optional skid shoes.

Attachments

Reactions: jgayman

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Finally unloaded the snow blower today. The 4200/300R picked it up without any issue. Ballast was six (6) 42# weights (252# plus HH). I did use 4WD but the tractor seemed stable just the short distance I moved the blower.
Not sure if I am 100% sold on a rear mounted snow blower. I did attach the blower to the 3pt. Had to "jockey" the lower arms and finally able to get it connected. Also, removing the blower was more of a task. The lower pins were somewhat difficult to remove. I have large farm tractors and other 3pt equipment (CAT 2 and 3) but they are not as difficult to connect/disconnect as the blower. I can see a "quick hitch" in my future. And blowing snow in reverse is going to be an interesting experience.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts