Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Missey's friend Aimee asked if I would build this table for her, probably a Pintrest thing . . .
Wood Hardwood Flooring Beige Plant

I said yes and the rest is going to be history in another week or so.

She wanted it made form 'used lumber', already weathered/distressed. The best I could do is this used shiplap, some of my last.
Wheel Tire Automotive tire Blue Wood

I planed and trimmed the 3/4" shiplap then glued-up the four legs . . .
Wood Hardwood Gas Engineering Flooring Wood Outdoor bench Table Tool Gas

And I believe this is where I am currently. Testing to look and fit of Doug Fir boards for the top . . . waiting for Aimee's approval this morning. (Then the finish.)
Wood Motor vehicle Automotive tire Bumper Hood Wood Flooring Floor Hardwood Composite material Wood Table Plank Hardwood Creative arts Table Wood Creative arts Composite material Rectangle Wood Rectangle Composite material Hardwood Building material Furniture Table Green Outdoor bench Wood

·
Premium Member
5,546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Aimee came by yesterday and picked out the top boards and sample wood pieces so she can choose a stain or paint.

I have since trimmed and routed the edges of each board. Currently I'm screwing them to the top frame from the underside..

Table Wood Creative arts Workbench Tradesman

·
Registered
588 Posts
That’s some great work Marlin!

·
Premium Member
5,546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
This table is done and gone. Things went different than originally planned, the buyer decided she wanted to finish it so she picked it up Wednesday morning.

I received this picture late yesterday afternoon.

Picture frame Interior design Wood Grey Shelving

Aimee had changed her mind about having a natural finish. I think it looks great but I do miss the satisfaction of a table build. Honestly, it caught me by surprise, not something I've experienced before and probably would not do again . . . there's no closure to this one.

·
Bonehead Club Lackey
11,140 Posts
Marlin, do you date and initial/sign each piece you make? I've been known to burn my initials and date some where on the piece I've made. Usually an out of the way place but still my mark. Table turned out great even though she put her spin on it.

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
That was a beautiful table build.

·
Registered
5,180 Posts
As always, NICE work, Marlin!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts