Green Tractor Talk banner

Would you buy a air cleaner upgrade "kit"

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
971 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There is currently a thread on this forum (https://www.greentractortalk.com/forums/sub-compact-utility-tractors-scut/176304-1025r-stupid-air-cleaner-design.html) providing information regarding an air cleaner upgrade for the named tractors. To get the upgrade parts (which don't seem to be very available), you must order a long list of individual part numbers. This is going to be a popular upgrade since there is some discussion that engine damage can result from failure of the previous air cleaner configuration. Would it be possible for our favorite supplier of JD parts to create and provide a kit with all the necessary parts for this upgrade?

·
Vendor
455 Posts
Thank you for your feedback on this situation, we have not seen any requests on this until now. We could create a kit if there becomes a greater need for it. As of now we have not seen any requests for it. I will list the parts below and prices and the GTT discount does apply as usual.

Parts Needed:

LVU34473 = Bracket (Wireform for the air cleaner) $18.06

LVU33856 = Hose (filter to engine) $20.67

LVA23760 = Bracket (air cleaner) $31.34

LVA23405 = Air Filter $74.60

E63525 = Nut (quantity 1) $0.71

E63524 = Nut (quantity 1) $0.34

AR21840 = Hose clamp (quantity 2) $0.86 Each

14M7396 = Lock nut (quantity 2) $0.86 Each

Parts removed and not needed:

LVU29618, LVU26408, LVU26407, LVA16535, LVA14300, AR40418, 14M7396 (lock nut should not be re-used)

$148.96 for all components with free shipping and less the GTT disocunt = $138.53 Total

I am up for a quick pole on here to see if creating a kit would be beneficial and if there are that many people looking to buy it. Seems most are looking for it to be a warranty item or just repairing it them selves in a manner they see fit.

All in favor of a kit respond - Yes Please

·
Administrator
17,085 Posts
I added a poll to the thread :good2:

·
Registered
2,831 Posts
GreenFarmParts, thank you for compiling the list and entertaining the possibility of creating the kit.
I voted no on the poll only because my resources have become a bit meager as of late and I have higher priorities.
If it were not for that I would perform this retrofit in the interest of preventative maintenance.
By the way, I service my ladies 1023 tractor for her. I noted her air filter is toward the radiator as moved by this kit.
Is the new 1025 air filter the same as the old 1023?

·
Registered
156 Posts
I would be interested in a kit. I have had several problems with my air filter on my 1025r.

Thanks

Jason

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
Is there only one air filter now with the new kit? The old style has two. I still have the old style and haven’t had any issues. That being said I’m considering doing the upgrade as we are heading into winter and my tractor is my snow mover. I rely on it and need it to work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,617 Posts
Jeff...according to the parts catalog, it depends. The 2018 catalog for the 1023 shows a serial number break (117914-) using the "solution number" upgrade parts (let's just call that the "new" design). The pre-serial number break and the older 1023 catalog shows using the "old" design. The air filter housings and elements are not the same between the 2 designs. The"old" might supercede to the "new", but the catalog doesn't show that.

So, if the 1023 has this design, then it's the same as the "new" upgrade for the 1025, (housing and attaching only, the intake hose is different between the 1023 & 1025): (Note how the U-bolt attaches)

View attachment 652572

This is the "old" design for the 1023: (Note the U-bolt attachment)

View attachment 652574

Also, the air filter elements of the 1025 with the housing mounted to the engine, are not the same as the "new", "solution number" elements (per the catalog).

Cheestrain, I asked in another thread if the new housing came with the elements, but did not get a definitive answer, other than it does show in the parts catalog that the elements do come with the housing, and yes, it shows an inner and outer still.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I voted "yes" on the poll because I think it's a great idea, but in the interest of transparency I have to say that mine has already been updated. Per my serial number it should have come from the factory with the new design, & I got the dealership to change it under warranty while fixing some other factory issues.

I'm going to go down a bit of an off-forum rabbit hole here. Moderators delete this if not allowed & please accept my apology.

FWIW, I have seen a lot more people & posts talking about this on some of the Facebook groups than I have here on GTT. I'm not sure if it had even come up here before I happened to mention seeing it on Facebook in a thread discussing factory issues with my new 1025R. If you guys (GreenFarmParts.com) decide to come out with an air cleaner update package that includes everything I think you could probably gain several sales by letting folks in the Facebook groups know that it's all available in one easy to order package. I don't know how big of a presence you have on Facebook, but if you develop the package, whether you decide to actively pursue awareness of this on Facebook or if you just rely on someone who knows about it from here to hopefully spread the word to help those folks out would of course be up to you. Also depending on how big of a presence you have on Facebook, if you decide that you don't get a large enough number of votes here to make an informed decision it might be worth it to create a poll on Facebook to get a few more opinions. Just my $0.02.

·
Premium Member
971 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
This upgrade is even more expensive.

I just discovered another issue with this upgrade. I had planned to change both internal air filters this fall, and I always have a spare filter of each kind in my inventory. So I have 2 each of the M131802 and M131803 filters. That's about $80 worth of filters. They're still in the original box, never opened. A trade-in program might also be helpful.

·
Registered
375 Posts
These two parts are not yet listed on the website:

Do you have a time frame for when they will be available?

·
Registered
2,549 Posts
I just discovered another issue with this upgrade. I had planned to change both internal air filters this fall, and I always have a spare filter of each kind in my inventory. So I have 2 each of the M131802 and M131803 filters. That's about $80 worth of filters. They're still in the original box, never opened. A trade-in program might also be helpful.
Unfortunately, you are dreaming. Beginning to wonder if they screw stuff up just so they can sell parts....:nunu::nunu::nunu::nunu:

·
Premium Member
971 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Unfortunately, you are dreaming. Beginning to wonder if they screw stuff up just so they can sell parts....:nunu::nunu::nunu::nunu:
It was worth a shot. The fact that I have no reply from the forum owner (vendor) in 6 days is probably a strong indication. Technically, if the parts have been out of their possession they would have to sell them as "used". This is not easy to do unless you already handle used parts, which I don't believe Green Farm Parts has as part of their offerings.

I'll be offering them on the "for sale" forum. I know many folks are not planning to make a change right away. Somebody will get a good deal.

If anybody wants to PM me with an offer, they might go really fast.

Keane

·
Premium Member
10,693 Posts
Jeff...according to the parts catalog, it depends. The 2018 catalog for the 1023 shows a serial number break (117914-) using the "solution number" upgrade parts (let's just call that the "new" design). The pre-serial number break and the older 1023 catalog shows using the "old" design. The air filter housings and elements are not the same between the 2 designs. The"old" might supercede to the "new", but the catalog doesn't show that.
The old filter elements do not supercede to the new part numbers. The new part numbers are also a few dollars more expensive each.

I'm surprised there isn't more mention of this in regards to the kit. It's a real bummer for folks who keep some spare filters on hand and then want to do this upgrade.

·
Registered
2,549 Posts
The old filter elements do not supercede to the new part numbers. The new part numbers are also a few dollars more expensive each.

I'm surprised there isn't more mention of this in regards to the kit. It's a real bummer for folks who keep some spare filters on hand and then want to do this upgrade.
I have my tractor now for 5 1/2 years, put a filter minder on it. The filter is still good after 600 + hours.

Funny, I looked in the tech manual, and the photo of the air cleaner that they are using in there, is the "fix" they just came out with. Again they must have hired a new engineer who thought his way was better, and we had change for no real reason.
Or again, this is a ploy to sell parts to the unsuspecting customer.

Seeing they are reverting to the original design, this should be a manditory recall, as they (Mother Deere) originally had it right or at least more right and decided to FUBAR our machines, and now expect the poor sap that bought thier F%=# up to foot the bill to make it right. I am getting disenchanted with Mother Deere.

Might be the right time to file a formal complaint to Mother Deere. If everyone did, rather than just footing the bill, guess what, they would have to issue a DTAC.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7 Posts
Yes.! If i had bought it I might not have broken valve cover & engine dead

I wish I had found out about the replacement option sooner. My 1025r (70 hrs) sounded a little strange for about 30 seconds today then started spewing smoke. Close inspection shows a chunk of the valve cover is gone (inside engine).... presumably caused by vibration an air filter. Thankfully still under warranty...hopefully JD does the right thing! I would definitely spend the money to fix the filter..... can only be a matter of time for others .....my machine has had regular servicing and light duties....suggest this will become a more common problem - especially for this with the thicker bracket.

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
New Engine & Air-Filter assembly

Hi All, Just had some feedback from JD......they are shipping a brand new engine to replace mine! As thought, the valve cover had failed due to the air-filter bracket vibrations (presumably due to loose bolts) - valve cover dropped into the engine resulting in bent valves and unknown other damage! Thankfully they are also relocating the air-filter to ensure it doesn't happen again. All covered under warranty. In total will probably mean that I'm without my machine for the better part of a month...but otherwise I can't complain about the service for JD.

·
Registered
79 Posts
New Air Cleaner parts ordered!

Hi All, Just had some feedback from JD......they are shipping a brand new engine to replace mine! As thought, the valve cover had failed due to the air-filter bracket vibrations (presumably due to loose bolts) - valve cover dropped into the engine resulting in bent valves and unknown other damage! Thankfully they are also relocating the air-filter to ensure it doesn't happen again. All covered under warranty. In total will probably mean that I'm without my machine for the better part of a month...but otherwise I can't complain about the service for JD.
I just ordered all the parts thru Green Farm Parts as listed earlier in this thread (I think) to upgrade the air cleaner mounting. Although I'm not having issues, I know that can change without notice. I certainly don't want to experience what Adam has had to endure, especially since I'm out of warranty!! Thank you Adam, and everyone else sharing, and thanks GTT for the discount! I'm at 170 hours, and starting to make plans for the '200 hour' service!

·
Registered
177 Posts
'New' air filter not available?

Placed an order with GFP for air cleaner upgrade.
GFP says air filter LVA23405 is not available.

How are you guys doing this upgrade?

Thank you for your feedback on this situation, we have not seen any requests on this until now. We could create a kit if there becomes a greater need for it. As of now we have not seen any requests for it. I will list the parts below and prices and the GTT discount does apply as usual.

Parts Needed:

LVA23760 = Bracket (air cleaner) $31.34

LVA23405 = Air Filter $74.60

E63525 = Nut (quantity 1) $0.71

E63524 = Nut (quantity 1) $0.34

AR21840 = Hose clamp (quantity 2) $0.86 Each

14M7396 = Lock nut (quantity 2) $0.86 Each

Parts removed and not needed:

LVU29618, LVU26408, LVU26407, LVA16535, LVA14300, AR40418, 14M7396 (lock nut should not be re-used)

$148.96 for all components with free shipping and less the GTT disocunt = $138.53 Total

I am up for a quick pole on here to see if creating a kit would be beneficial and if there are that many people looking to buy it. Seems most are looking for it to be a warranty item or just repairing it them selves in a manner they see fit.

All in favor of a kit respond - Yes Please

·
Registered
177 Posts
bump

Placed an order with GFP for air cleaner upgrade.
GFP says air filter LVA23405 is not available.

How are you guys doing this upgrade?
bump

1 - 20 of 28 Posts