Green Tractor Talk banner

Would you buy a air cleaner upgrade "kit"

• Total voters
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
The old filter elements do not supercede to the new part numbers. The new part numbers are also a few dollars more expensive each.

I'm surprised there isn't more mention of this in regards to the kit. It's a real bummer for folks who keep some spare filters on hand and then want to do this upgrade.
My dealer is very good about parts exchange. They'll take back any parts that are not "shelf queens" and give full credit towards other parts. So, yes, I had a spare filter for the canister being replaced and they gave me full credit for it.

It never hurts to ask.

·
Premium Member
970 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Placed an order with GFP for air cleaner upgrade.
GFP says air filter LVA23405 is not available.

How are you guys doing this upgrade?
I just received my order from GFP about a week ago with that air filter in it. They may just be out of stock as everybody is trying to do the upgrade.

Keane

·
Premium Member
970 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
I just tried to order a set of replacement filters for the new air cleaner. The filter element part numbers, LVU34503 and LVU34504, don't show up on Green Farm Parts system. Could we get some help on this?

·
Registered
177 Posts
upgrade partno

see my post #19.

Cancelled order with GFP because they said the air filter LVA 23405 (which they posted as part of upgrade BOM) is not available.
Does anyone have a source for parts needed for upgrade?

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Can you tell me some more about the Filter Minder?

Cost, Supplier, ease of installing, etc.?

Thanks
We had a discussion about it in this thread. You'll find part numbers and so forth within the thread. It is far more cost effective to go with the Donaldson unit from ebay or Amazon than from JD. This thread was with it mounted on the old style air cleaner, but the new, improved, replacement has provisions for it as well and requires the same components (indicator & 90 degree elbow). I transferred both of mine when updating the air cleaner.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thank you for your feedback on this situation, we have not seen any requests on this until now. We could create a kit if there becomes a greater need for it. As of now we have not seen any requests for it. I will list the parts below and prices and the GTT discount does apply as usual.

Parts Needed:

LVU34473 = Bracket (Wireform for the air cleaner) $18.06

LVU33856 = Hose (filter to engine) $20.67

LVA23760 = Bracket (air cleaner) $31.34

LVA23405 = Air Filter $74.60

E63525 = Nut (quantity 1) $0.71

E63524 = Nut (quantity 1) $0.34

AR21840 = Hose clamp (quantity 2) $0.86 Each

14M7396 = Lock nut (quantity 2) $0.86 Each

Parts removed and not needed:

LVU29618, LVU26408, LVU26407, LVA16535, LVA14300, AR40418, 14M7396 (lock nut should not be re-used)

$148.96 for all components with free shipping and less the GTT disocunt = $138.53 Total

I am up for a quick pole on here to see if creating a kit would be beneficial and if there are that many people looking to buy it. Seems most are looking for it to be a warranty item or just repairing it them selves in a manner they see fit.

All in favor of a kit respond - Yes Please
Yes please

21 - 28 of 28 Posts