Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
GTT Vendor
1,530 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
GTT Forum Members,

Interested in your opinion.

Curtis Industries, owner of Artillian Tractor, recently introduced an Air Conditioning System for the Kubota BX70-80.

We are considering a similar system for the John Deere 1 & 2 Family Tractors.

We are interested in any feedback you have on this system, features and pricing.

The system features an automotive grade, fully charged & sealed electric Air Conditioning Unit.

What makes our system unique, is the patent pending technology we have developed, allowing us to power the unit without impacting the performance of the tractor, even at peak load demands.

I have included a link below for you to view the system on our web site, and included an image of the roof mounted unit (with custom roof).

Kubota, air conditioning, AC, Kubota BX2370-1, Kubota BX2380

BX Air Unit.jpg

Installed Retail Pricing $3500.

Please let us know what you think about a similar system on the Deere 1 & 2 Family Tractors, with a Curtis Cab of Course!!

Thank You

John F Davis
Director of Sales & Marketing
Curtis Industries & Artillian Tractor
[email protected]
508-459-4308

·
Registered
12,508 Posts
Sure beats shorts and a tank top, that's my air conditioning, although I guess I'd need a cab. :laugh:

·
Registered
1,743 Posts
I would like to see an option like this. I like the idea of a cab when brush cutting and mowing. It can get pretty dry and HOT here in SC. The only reason I have wanted a cab was to keep down the dust and weeds while brush cutting, but without air conditioning a cab would be a death sentence in SC heat.

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
I guess I don’t even see why this is a question, it seems silly to have developed a system for one of the major brands and not make it an option for the other brand that it likely equal or larger in market share... no offense :hide:

I’d think a Curtis cab, regardless of brand fit, would have the option available if the buyer has the desire and the :gizmo:

·
Registered
2,278 Posts
I would like to see this and believe it could be a big seller for you, especially in the South. As someone else said, a cab would be great when mowing or brush-hogging but it would be unbearable here in Texas without AC. I would sure be interested in it for my 1025r.

I believe the demand for small tractors with cab and AC will grow just as the demand for small tractors has. Just my $.02

·
Registered
2,503 Posts
Don’t see any need for air conditioning on a tractor. I could get by fine with out it in my truck. It just doesn’t get hot enough in northern wi to need ac.

·
Bonehead Club Lackey
10,196 Posts
Well I can't have a cab where I live but I have thought about it a lot. The one thing going against having a cab in my opinion if I was on flat land, is not having AC. Having a cab for me means being able to use it year round. Having heat in the winter months is nice but having AC in the summer is even better. :bigthumb:

·
Registered
12,508 Posts
Even in less hot environments I just couldn’t imagine a cab without A/C - it is all glass and acts like a greenhouse.
My FIL has a kabota with a Curtis cab, in the summer he takes the doors and rear window out and it’s still hot, unless I could have heat-a/c I would not have a tractor w/cab.

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
This is just my opinion, I have seen a few threads from folks buying cabs for their 1 and 2 series however I see FAR more posts from folks saying they would like a cab but can't for various reasons.

There are brand loyal JD folks and brand loyal Kubota folks however based on my talks with new property owners over the years there are FAR more people out there who could care less if they are sitting on a JD, Kubota, or various other tractors. Kubota offers a factory cab on the B2650 with factory a/c, imho the majority of folks wanting a small tractor with cab and a/c will buy the Kubota's because they can finance it although I think it's just a matter of time before JD offers a factory cab on the 2 series due to Kubota's offerings of cabs on the B series

I believe the majority of cab buyers for the 1 and 2 series would have a difficult time spending $3500 for the a/c at the time of purchase of the cab. Heat is a must but a/c is a luxury. I'm sure some of those buyers would return in time to purchase the a/c setup but I don't foresee the numbers being that impressive. No doubt there are many previous buyers of the cabs currently that would like to have an a/c setup but $3500 would detour them. Design the cabs to not have removable doors or windows that open and you will sell some a/c systems!

I may be way wrong but I don't see an impressive number of folks out there who want a/c bad enough to be willing to buy the JD tractor, then the cab, then purchase an a/c system when they can purchase other brands, unless there is a way for them to finance everything together.

It's like everything else in the marketplace though, if your overhead in the a/c systems is little to none and the markup is at a point you don't have to move impressive numbers to be profitable, heck yea offer the a/c systems to the JD owners. There are folks out there who will buy it. If there is financing options for potential buyers for the cab and a/c setups through the Deere dealers then that's a huge help.

I wonder how many potential subcompact tractor buyers would step up into a larger tractor with a factory cab if it's the a/c they are wanting?

The cabs for the subcompacts for winter use are obviously a must for many buyers. I would just assume when you throw a/c into the mix and the cost to obtain it, many buyers would move up into the larger machines for the factory cabs.

·
GTT Vendor
1,530 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thank You All for your Feedback on Air Conditioning

GTT Forum Members,

Thank You All for your feedback and comments. It is extremely valuable to be able to speak to your comments internally as we prioritize future vehicle platforms for our Air Conditioning System.

Sincerely,

John F Davis
Director of Sales & Marketing Curtis Industries & Artillian Tractor
[email protected]
508-459-4308
:thumbup1gif:

·
Registered
17 Posts
Any update on this? I for one could care less about a heated cab. You can always put on more clothes but you can only take off so many...

I would love to see an AC cooled cab.

·
Registered
697 Posts
GTT Forum Members,

Interested in your opinion.

Curtis Industries, owner of Artillian Tractor, recently introduced an Air Conditioning System for the Kubota BX70-80.

We are considering a similar system for the John Deere 1 & 2 Family Tractors.

We are interested in any feedback you have on this system, features and pricing.

The system features an automotive grade, fully charged & sealed electric Air Conditioning Unit.

What makes our system unique, is the patent pending technology we have developed, allowing us to power the unit without impacting the performance of the tractor, even at peak load demands.

I have included a link below for you to view the system on our web site, and included an image of the roof mounted unit (with custom roof).

Kubota, air conditioning, AC, Kubota BX2370-1, Kubota BX2380

View attachment 576273

Installed Retail Pricing $3500.

Please let us know what you think about a similar system on the Deere 1 & 2 Family Tractors, with a Curtis Cab of Course!!

Thank You

John F Davis
Director of Sales & Marketing
Curtis Industries & Artillian Tractor
[email protected]
508-459-4308

By my math, in Canada that would make it a $13k cab with AC... I could literally buy the factory-cab 3 series instead of the cobbled-together 2 series or at the least, come within a thousand or so dollars.

Someone else in Canada want to recalculate my math?

·
Registered
306 Posts
Plus

Doesn't Kubota offer a factory cab on these models now? I understand this post is for the 2 series Deere tractors, but price needs to come down to make it a viable option. I know that is why I ended up with a 3R series. Because Deere does not offer a cab on the 2R models. I doubt they ever will either, as the lack of that option moves people to the 3R series. But there is going to have to be a huge $$ delta between the price of an aftermarket cab with heat and A/C and the price of the comparable 3R series. For example the standard cab on the 3R series is $8300.00 and the deluxe cab is around $9200.00.
So you will need to come in around $7K with installation to make people want to purchase an aftermarket air-conditioned cab vs just getting the factory integrated cab (which in itself is worth a lot). Lastly there is just under $2K difference between a 2038R and a 3039R (both open station models). Both are about the same size and within 1HP of each other. :unknown:

However, I can see someone that is dead set on having A/C for their 1R series. The 1R does a lot of things well and will probably still fit in 90% of garages with the cab.

My $.43

Jeff

·
Registered
396 Posts
I have a Tektite cab on my 1 series. The cab weighs 400 lbs and all that heavy glass raises the center of gravity quite a bit and shifts it forward away from the rear axle and closer to the front axle pivot.
I can't imagine how a cab + air conditioner would raise the CG even further.

Before considering an AC unit I would have to see some calculations done to locate the new displaced CG. Being a commercial pilot for 40 years has taught me to be very aware of weight and balance!

·
Registered
697 Posts
Plus

Doesn't Kubota offer a factory cab on these models now? I understand this post is for the 2 series Deere tractors, but price needs to come down to make it a viable option. I know that is why I ended up with a 3R series. Because Deere does not offer a cab on the 2R models. I doubt they ever will either, as the lack of that option moves people to the 3R series. But there is going to have to be a huge $$ delta between the price of an aftermarket cab with heat and A/C and the price of the comparable 3R series. For example the standard cab on the 3R series is $8300.00 and the deluxe cab is around $9200.00.
So you will need to come in around $7K with installation to make people want to purchase an aftermarket air-conditioned cab vs just getting the factory integrated cab (which in itself is worth a lot). Lastly there is just under $2K difference between a 2038R and a 3039R (both open station models). Both are about the same size and within 1HP of each other. :unknown:

However, I can see someone that is dead set on having A/C for their 1R series. The 1R does a lot of things well and will probably still fit in 90% of garages with the cab.

My $.43

Jeff

This is a pretty important point. If they could make a cab WITH a/c+heat, that fits a 1 series, that clears a 7 foot door, that is TLB compatible, they might have a winner. When you get to a 2 series, you either accept a Tektite cab with no A/C, or move up a factory cab'ed 3 series.

Or just go to Kubota altogether. Personally, I'd go orange. The price is really appealing.

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
I realize I'm coming in late with my opinion. I have a Mauser cab on my 1025R and love it, but I can't imagine how tipsy it would be with more weight on the roof. Just my 2 cents.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts