Green Tractor Talk banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
AC would be good !

A tractor with AC for a reasonable price point would be nice.

If you price a Kubota 2650 with a cab that has AC, you are looking at 32k (list price off their website) with just a loader and a mower. Add the backhoe and you are at 40k.

A 1025r with 120R loader and mower is $16.8k. Add a cab to that with AC for 6-7k, and that's actually a reasonable price for the comfort. That's the price of a backhoe option.

So you can choose the cab with AC or a backhoe. Not a bad choice.

·
Registered
14 Posts

If you price a Kubota 2650 with a cab that has AC, you are looking at 32k (list price off their website) with just a loader and a mower. Add the backhoe and you are at 40k.

A 1025r with 120R loader and mower is $16.8k. Add a cab to that with AC for 6-7k, and that's actually a reasonable price for the comfort. That's the price of a backhoe option.

Mine came in with a price of $20k which was a loader, MMM 60” and ballast box.

·
Registered
569 Posts
I know I'm Mr. Opposite, So here is my .02, I would NEVER buy a tractor with a cab and especially heat or A/C.
I don't care if it was the same price as one without I'd buy the one without for the same money.

My tractor is a tool for doing work, I want it simple and functional. I can survive operating it in zero weather or 100 degree heat.
I don't need to be pampered. Heat and A/C add nothing to increase the capabilities or function of the tractor so its useless to me.

I'm sure there are some who'd love it. That's fine as long as I don't have to.
If all tractor mfg's started making all tractors with cabs, A/C and heat I'd never buy new again. I'd look to buy used and rebuild if I had to.

There has to be other equipment/tools out there that are function oriented would be desirable to many that would expand your business.

·
Premium Member
598 Posts
I know I'm Mr. Opposite, So here is my .02, I would NEVER buy a tractor with a cab and especially heat or A/C.
I don't care if it was the same price as one without I'd buy the one without for the same money.

My tractor is a tool for doing work, I want it simple and functional. I can survive operating it in zero weather or 100 degree heat.
I don't need to be pampered. Heat and A/C add nothing to increase the capabilities or function of the tractor so its useless to me.

If all tractor mfg's started making all tractors with cabs, A/C and heat I'd never buy new again. I'd look to buy used and rebuild if I had to.

There has to be other equipment/tools out there that are function oriented would be desirable to many that would expand your business.
while I get where your coming from, truth of the matter is, I'm getting older and money isn't an issue for me at this stage in my life. So, I dont mind paying a little extra for some creature comforts.
As for the heat, I have missed the last 30+ years due to mandatory work during the snow season, and always relying on my kids or neighbors doing my snow removal. I cant wait for that first big blizzard where I dont have to worry about punching a clock....... but its gonna be in a heated cab. :laugh:

·
Registered
386 Posts

Try it one time and get back to us,....:good2::yahoo:

You'll wonder why and how you ever did without it.

Jeff

·
Registered
150 Posts

You are not contrarian, you are simply wrong about the usefulness of the cab.

I imagine you running around in a convertible with the top down in the middle of winter, after all, what is the purpose of the cabin on your car? The cab itself makes the tractor much more useful and effective under many environmental conditions while adding a safety factor under certain conditions that a simple ROP system doesn't provide. Whether it is -40, 0, or + 110 degrees out, or I am simply working deep in the woods where I am exposed to fall hazards the cab more than pays for itself by extending the usefulness of 'the tool' to when it would otherwise be dangerous ... you know... doing work. This all adds up to making 'the tool' much more useful and extends the working hours while providing an envelope of safety not only for me as an operator but for everyone around me because I am not distracted fighting the elements. I value my tools as much as the next guy and I certainly don't want to spend money for the sake of convenience and comfort but this is one investment that I will never regret. Besides, nobody is forcing you to buy a cab or A/C or a tractor.

·
Registered
536 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
I want to put A/C in My JD X748 Already have Curtis Hard Cab

GTT Forum Members,

Interested in your opinion.

Curtis Industries, owner of Artillian Tractor, recently introduced an Air Conditioning System for the Kubota BX70-80.

We are considering a similar system for the John Deere 1 & 2 Family Tractors.

We are interested in any feedback you have on this system, features and pricing.

The system features an automotive grade, fully charged & sealed electric Air Conditioning Unit.

What makes our system unique, is the patent pending technology we have developed, allowing us to power the unit without impacting the performance of the tractor, even at peak load demands.

I have included a link below for you to view the system on our web site, and included an image of the roof mounted unit (with custom roof).

Kubota, air conditioning, AC, Kubota BX2370-1, Kubota BX2380

View attachment 576273

Installed Retail Pricing $3500.

Please let us know what you think about a similar system on the Deere 1 & 2 Family Tractors, with a Curtis Cab of Course!!

Thank You

John F Davis
Director of Sales & Marketing
Curtis Industries & Artillian Tractor
[email protected]
508-459-4308
I have a John Deere X748 I have the Curtis Hard Cab and I am Very Interested. Local Kubuta dealer did not seem interested because of the JD brand. The cab is almost Identical to the BX70. I never take my cab off and with the weather getting hotter A/C is getting to be necessary.

·
Premium Member
598 Posts
GTT Forum Members,

The system features an automotive grade, fully charged & sealed electric Air Conditioning Unit.

What makes our system unique, is the patent pending technology we have developed, allowing us to power the unit without impacting the performance of the tractor, even at peak load demands.

Kubota, air conditioning, AC, Kubota BX2370-1, Kubota BX2380

View attachment 576273

Installed Retail Pricing $3500.
I have a question. If it doesnt run off the tractor, per se, which I assume by the way you wrote this, then Im led to believe its more or less a sealed unit which would only appear to need electrical connections. If thats the case, then why would it have to be mounted specifically on a Curtis Cab? Couldnt it just be made with universal brackets to go on top of any tractor cab?
I know that as the manufacturer of Curtis cabs, you would want it to be specific for your brand. But wouldn't it make sense to make it available to those of us with different cab designs.

On a side note, I will agree with the masses, that $3500 is a bit high for a price point. I understand it costs a lot to finalize a design of a new feature but, that is quite a bit high when you factor in the prices for a new tractor, attachments, and a cab.

Just my opinion though.....and glad you came up with a solution for us folks that hate sweating. :bigthumb:

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
there is a huge huge market for a retrofit single seat cab ac unit that does not require a engine driven compressor (since you show them for electric golf carts these must not require engine driven compressors) .....the biggest issue i see is the current price point

·
Registered
1 Posts
AC would be good !

I have JD X700 series and real bad allergies. That being said with mowing my 3 acres every week, I am in misery afterwards. The Curtis OEM cab I have installed for JD has the heater. I would love the AC option. It appears the cab windshield is the same part number as the BX70, although the roof is slightly different. I am creative and If I can get my hands on one of these AC kits I will make AC happen. Seems our local Kubuta dealer is not set on selling to a customer though. I guess they already have to much money.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts