Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Let me say up front...I got No Lawn & No Clue what I'm doing..just burning diesel.

What I do have is a couple 3ish acres way down in the bottom that is /could be a lawn...sorta.

So I bought some pronged thing at a G sale for 20 bucks. Been draggin it around now and then to attempt to make things better.
The dirt...don't even qualify as dirt...Its like a rock. Zero topsoil.

Bought a disk and decided thats not the current answer as I'm not set up to replant/plant/seed..whatever the proper term is.

Its all sloped and I don't want to lose what I got. Its rough...All chopped up from big horses years ago (20).

So I found this old school airater gizmo I'm liking the look of. No clue if its gonna work but has to be better than the current set up. Hoping it will smooth things out while leaving the grass mostly intact.

I'm probly lost in space...but thats fine ..its my space.

Give me a bit and I'll get some pics up.

Pile on with any and all suggestions or just to bust my..lawn/field.

Get Your EYE BLEACH READY

oh..you may see some kubota pics....its my lawn airbob tower machine....and my neighbors new sit&spin:bigthumb:

Note the size of the ​tiny alternator..????:laugh:
:munch:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
:munch:Apparently I'm doing it Wrong...47 lookers and no ones telling me whats wrong or right..?

This is the unit I'm thinking of buying.

Anyone ever use one like this?

I'm thinking I can get some results with this...
AND
It will be hooked to a Green Machine:greentractorride:

:munch::munch:

·
Registered
3,870 Posts
The 2nd one is what some call a slit or spike aerator. Use it lengthwise cross ways, diagonal and put some seed and starter fertilizer (near the house) and it'll grow grass. Seed needs a place to go with some cover in the case the slits will do.

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
If there is grass existing already, then a core aerator to loosen soil and allow it to breathe before overseeding and fertilizing is very beneficial.
A roller can help smooth/level a rough lawn.
Also a drag/harrow can help level, but is harder on existing grass.
It won't be fixed overnight, but improve slowly over the years.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts