Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I know there is no shortage of posts related to 'regens' on tier IV diesel engines, however I happened to catch mine in the act several weeks ago on my 4052R. I went ahead and documented the process while I worked. I hadn't seen any other live action videos of the process. I hope this helps some of you out there with questions.

**Admins - feel free to move this somewhere else if you think it is better suited for a wider audience. I thought I would start with my LCUT brethren. :good2:

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Interesting. Thanks for posting! I'm glad I don't have it on my antique 3520. :good2:
Thanks! Happy to share! Yes, it's not something I'm thrilled about to have to deal with, but that's life. Our 4105 doesn't have it and the sound and smell of the two machines couldn't be any more different.

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
My 4066R hit a regen yesterday. 597 hours. I had been doing a lot of idling and sure enough, it caught one. That will do it every time. First one this year. I just bumped it up to 1500 RPM and went on about what I was doing.

Dave

·
Registered
4,440 Posts
Hi all, I know there is no shortage of posts related to 'regens' on tier IV diesel engines, however I happened to catch mine in the act several weeks ago on my 4052R. I went ahead and documented the process while I worked. I hadn't seen any other live action videos of the process. I hope this helps some of you out there with questions.

**Admins - feel free to move this somewhere else if you think it is better suited for a wider audience. I thought I would start with my LCUT brethren. :good2:

If you run it hard does it cut down the number/intensity of the regens?

·
Registered
380 Posts
If you run it hard does it cut down the number/intensity of the regens?
Absolutely yes!
A good hard "run" and you'll actually witness the soot percentage decrease without a regen.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts