Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,977 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I made an appointment at my local LINE-X dealer to get my bed sprayed. I picked a Friday, took the day off of work and prepared to enjoy a fresh spray on a new truck bed. What could be finer? Well, they called me at 6:30 pm the Thursday evening before my appointment. Well, their spray gun broke and they didn't expect the parts until Monday. They wouldn't reschedule me until the following Wednesday at the same time that I would be crawling into a plane to head out of town, so that wouldn't work for me. So, what to do? I found another LINE-X dealer close to my office. Perfect, I can drop it on the way in and pick it up on the way home for the mere added cost of buying a coworker lunch for the rides, which wasn't even expected. The appointment was made, now fast forward to Monday. I drop the truck off, go about my day and while I'm out to lunch with my ride I get the call. Apparently LINE-X guns aren't that reliable. Dealer #2's gun broke. The truck was fully prepped and ready to spray. He was very apologetic and assured me that if I could bring it back the next day, he would get it done and take care of me on the price. When I went back, I noticed the WeatherTec floor mats on display and made a deal to get a set, then I drove my baby home with a scuffed bed. :( Repeated the process yesterday, but this time the phone call I got at about 12:30 was good news. They were done! :yahoo: Went in and between the discount on the liner and mats he knocked off a total of $200.00 from my bill for my trouble. They did an excellent job on the liner too!

So in the end, I am a happy customer, he made it right and my inconvenience wasn't really all that bad. :drinks:

·
Administrator
20,905 Posts
Your pics failed to upload? :think: :mocking:

·
Administrator
20,905 Posts
That looks great Bubber! Nice. :drinks:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
226 Posts
Looks good!!!!!! I want some of them floor mats for my truck.

·
Registered
3,977 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks. I drove my Ranger for 10 years. I figured it was time to get a "Big Boy" truck. :laugh:

Looks good!!!!!! I want some of them floor mats for my truck.
WeatherTec mats are where it is at. They are molded specifically for each vehicle, so they fit perfectly. They capture spills and route them out the door. I really like them.

A pic is never crappy if it's got a nice looking Ford truck in it! :)
Nice truck, Line-X, and floor mats!
There is a man that knows what a good picture is!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Which LINE-X?

I was wondering which LINE-X Dealer you went to? The pictures of your liner are great and sounds like you had great customer service.

So, I made an appointment at my local LINE-X dealer to get my bed sprayed. I picked a Friday, took the day off of work and prepared to enjoy a fresh spray on a new truck bed. What could be finer? Well, they called me at 6:30 pm the Thursday evening before my appointment. Well, their spray gun broke and they didn't expect the parts until Monday. They wouldn't reschedule me until the following Wednesday at the same time that I would be crawling into a plane to head out of town, so that wouldn't work for me. So, what to do? I found another LINE-X dealer close to my office. Perfect, I can drop it on the way in and pick it up on the way home for the mere added cost of buying a coworker lunch for the rides, which wasn't even expected. The appointment was made, now fast forward to Monday. I drop the truck off, go about my day and while I'm out to lunch with my ride I get the call. Apparently LINE-X guns aren't that reliable. Dealer #2's gun broke. The truck was fully prepped and ready to spray. He was very apologetic and assured me that if I could bring it back the next day, he would get it done and take care of me on the price. When I went back, I noticed the WeatherTec floor mats on display and made a deal to get a set, then I drove my baby home with a scuffed bed. :( Repeated the process yesterday, but this time the phone call I got at about 12:30 was good news. They were done! :yahoo: Went in and between the discount on the liner and mats he knocked off a total of $200.00 from my bill for my trouble. They did an excellent job on the liner too!

So in the end, I am a happy customer, he made it right and my inconvenience wasn't really all that bad. :drinks:

·
GTT's Pilot in Command (PIC)
8,558 Posts

·
Registered
2,160 Posts
I like those floor mats! ...and the line-x looks great! I wish I had gotten the floor of my van done before mounting the bins,etc in it. Now the rubber floor covering is stretching out from oil spills,etc. and its needing to be replaced.
My wifes new Jeep has some quality thick form fitting mats from the factory...some of the best "factory" mats I've seen.And...they are covering the carpet...to the point of not being able to see much of the carpet. Which got me to thinking of my work trucks/vans of yesteryear that came with nothing but rubber mat. They were/are very easy to wash out. But nowadays...we get carpet to hide the basic rubber floor covering, then we put rubber floor covering over the carpet to protect it.......doesnt make alot of sense:laugh:

·
Premium Member
10,067 Posts
I like those floor mats! ...and the line-x looks great! I wish I had gotten the floor of my van done before mounting the bins,etc in it. Now the rubber floor covering is stretching out from oil spills,etc. and its needing to be replaced.
Time does it. All of our vans have done that. We had a few Line X'd, including mine. Removing the bins isn't that bad of a job, but you'll need a second set of hands to lift them in and out.

The particular Line X dealer that did my van did a horrible job. Absolutely no prep work, they just sprayed. As a result it's peeling out. The slightest nick or ding causes it to come up, and when it does the paint is shiny and clean underneath it. I like the product, but unhappy with the dealer.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts