Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is more of a carb question, which i dont know too much about...

I have a Husqy that needs a new carb - Briggs and Stratton #594530.

Half of the vendors show it being out of stock, the other half are asking ~$200.

I've tried searching, and come up short.. are there any brands or models that I can use instead of the OEM one?

Is there really much difference between carbs? Why so many choices?

Thanks for your help!

·
Premium Member
11,038 Posts
1-CYL or 2-CYL? What is the engine model and type?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
1-CYL or 2-CYL? What is the engine model and type?
I suppose some basic info like that would help!

Husqvarna riding mower
GT48XLSi

2-CYL

24HP
Briggs
Endurance Series

Thats all the info i have available to me right now.

Ideally, I would like to find an alternative carburetor that is much, much less. I might have more issues than just the carb- I dont want to start throwing money at it then hope something works.

·
Premium Member
11,038 Posts
I suppose some basic info like that would help!

Husqvarna riding mower
GT48XLSi

2-CYL

24HP
Briggs
Endurance Series

Thats all the info i have available to me right now.

Ideally, I would like to find an alternative carburetor that is much, much less. I might have more issues than just the carb- I dont want to start throwing money at it then hope something works.
B&S makes so many variants of their engines that to look up parts detail you really need to know the B&S engine model number, engine type number and code number. These numbers are printed on the engine somewhere.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
B&S makes so many variants of their engines that to look up parts detail you really need to know the B&S engine model number, engine type number and code number. These numbers are printed on the engine somewhere.
44N877-0005-G1

The original carb part# 595321 has been replaced with part# 597128 and now costs around $185-$215

There's gotta be an alternative or generic brand with the same part number for much less, right?
(I haven't had any luck finding one tho.)

What about replacing it with a larger carb, or trying to find a similar size? If anything could i just swap out the jets?

·
Registered
211 Posts
44N877-0005-G1

The original carb part# 595321 has been replaced with part# 597128 and now costs around $185-$215

There's gotta be an alternative or generic brand with the same part number for much less, right?
(I haven't had any luck finding one tho.)

What about replacing it with a larger carb, or trying to find a similar size? If anything could i just swap out the jets?
I found one for under $150.
Briggs Stratton Carburetor Part No. 597128

·
Registered
41 Posts
When I needed a carb for a small shredder (much smaller engine) I looked up make, model, s/n on web & found the part #. I searched the web for the part # & found a bunch - B&S & aftermarket. I ended by buying aftermarket due to great reviews by many folks. I read reviews starting with lowest ones and eliminating those which are BS or from nieve folks. Saved well over 50%

·
Registered
211 Posts
When I needed a carb for a small shredder (much smaller engine) I looked up make, model, s/n on web & found the part #. I searched the web for the part # & found a bunch - B&S & aftermarket. I ended by buying aftermarket due to great reviews by many folks. I read reviews starting with lowest ones and eliminating those which are BS or from nieve folks. Saved well over 50%
That's what I do on all parts I am looking for. Can save a good chunk of $ at times!

·
Registered
51 Posts
I bought one from my local Briggs dealer last spring for a V twin. $165 and it runs great. Tried everything to make it work first. I thank it is seven years old. They made some bad carbs from what I read. The one on the pressure washer is about 15 years old. Never had an issue with it. Did not look like an easy conversion to anything else in my opinion.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts