Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had seen several posts about DIY mower deck storage stands using steel tubing and swivel casters which got my creative juices going. I came up with a stand design which utilizes the existing anti-scalping wheels from the mower deck. Has anyone else out there tried a solution like this? I don't want put alot of effort into the build just to find out it wont work. I apologize for the busy print...you can tell I'm an Engineer:thumbup1gif: I included both a PDF and JPEG version of the print.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,554 Posts
"I came up with a stand design which utilizes the existing anti-scalping wheels from the mower deck."
Sounds like a good idea to me... I'm considering them for an "off road BH storage wagon". The price is sure right on 'em as opposed to some castor setups I've priced out! I would use them doubled on each end of the axle for the BH's weight and better performance on "dirt". They would also slide easy for non castored use getting the deck against a wall on a paved surface...

·
Registered
38 Posts
Very cool! Will you be providing measurements and pipe diameters, or is this something proprietary you plan to build and sell?

·
Registered
438 Posts
:good2:Looks like that would save on the cost of buying wheels which can add up quickly.
View attachment 26678 My only concern, during fabrication, would be the fit between the removable sleeve and the axle (A & B) as it is with any design doing this. I had the luxury of a lathe when I did that with swivel casters. The tighter you can keep those fits between removable parts the better it's going to feel wheeling around in the garage. I like your idea, it will keep the deck closer to the ground, save on the cost of wheels and it looks like a fun project you can call your own. (not to mention the professional drawing) Well done.:good2::good2::good2:

·
Registered
3,554 Posts
Very cool! Will you be providing measurements and pipe diameters, or is this something proprietary you plan to build and sell?
Mine will be a simple "Shoddy Industries Inc." design made of low cost treated lumber and exterior grade fasteners. I don't have any ebony welding rod so I have to bolt it together... The steering articulation is on the order of a kid's wagon. Heavy end of BH will sit on the fixed end and steering (45º swing limit for stability) will be under the bucket.

(WARNING! This proprietary design abstract is regestered and protected by "The Putin World Government Patent Agency" located in Crimea, Russia.)

:laugh:

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm about halfway through the build now. Once I complete it I'll snap some pictures and write up the material list.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts