Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,052 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a mulching style blade compatible with the 60D other than the Deere/Sunbelt mulching blade? The Deere blade is Sunbelt XHT Mulching Mower Blade for 60-inch 7-Iron John Deere Deck - B1JD1090. Just curious if there are other brands that produce better results before I buy. I use a full mulching kit (baffles) so gator blades would not be appropriate. I have used and love gators for side discharging, but they're not designed for use with mulching baffles. I haven't found anything other than the Deere mulching blades so that may be the only thing.

·
Registered
2,150 Posts
I haven't found anything other/better/value than the JD mulching blades and I have the same setup as the OP, but a 54" deck.

I was contemplating purchasing a sharpening jig so I could better maintain the grind angle, but they are $180 = $200. Rather, I found greenfarmparts.com has 15% off promo running on blades & belts this month with free shipping. So I bought three extra sets of mulching blades instead.

Considering the cost of blades verses the sharpening jig, I figured I could just replace blades when my "eyeball" sharpening had gone to far astray.

Reactions: mussermike
1 - 2 of 2 Posts