Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need some ideas for a vacuum hose replacement.
I have an agrifab lawn vac that I absolutely hate but It will have to do until I can afford a nice PTO system for the tractor.
I got 1 year of service out of the hose and it fell apart. It doesn't drag the ground but all the turns and bending are just to much for it. A replacement on amazon is of $100 for a hose that will likely not last more than another year.

Has anyone any ideas for a more durable hose or maybe corrugated PVC would work?

Some reviewers tried dust collection hose for woodwork but they fail must faster than OEM.

Hose on Amazon

Reactions: Yank

·
Premium Member
2,021 Posts
You could try HVAC flexible duct pipe. Peel insulation off of it. That stuff is really tough

Reactions: Jimmy Walker

·
Premium Member
Early 2017 Vintage 1025R TLB (260/H120)
2,420 Posts
I'd look at places that offer industrial hose. It's going to be double the price of the Agrifab stuff.
www.wholesalehoses.com comes to mind. (no affiliation, just who I was planning on getting the hose for my MCS from, before picking it up and realizing it already had hose in good shape.)

·
Registered
339 Posts
Check with Cyclone Rake. They make an upgraded "heavy duty" hose as an upgrade for their products.

·
Registered
2,482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'd look at places that offer industrial hose. It's going to be double the price of the Agrifab stuff.
www.wholesalehoses.com comes to mind. (no affiliation, just who I was planning on getting the hose for my MCS from, before picking it up and realizing it already had hose in good shape.)
Good idea. I can pay more for something that will last. 👍

Reactions: Pigpen and MattL

·
Registered
4,116 Posts
Here's another.

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
I have a piece of 8" I bought to try and make my own system you could have but I don't know what it would cost to get to Kentucky. I found it on the interweb, damn tough stuff paid about $ 10 a foot but I have no idea where, blue colored.

·
Registered
3,861 Posts
I bought some a while back. I’m not sure who i got from other than it was a on line source and the hose was meant for commercial landscaping. I made my own collection system. I only use it in fall for picking up leaves. The hose is holding up fine. I used stove pipe from the fan to the bin. Hose from the deck to the fan.

·
Registered
6 Posts
look at Brinly Hardy vacuum hose LVS-33BH at Brinly.com. My MC542 Material Handling System is 10 years old and working great.

·
Registered
2,482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Here's another.
Universal has nice stuff!
They list agrifab as "bargain hose" This blue stuff looks like the way to go. It has the thickest material on the side (.045) All others were .030.

·
Registered
4,116 Posts
Universal has nice stuff!
They list agrifab as "bargain hose" This blue stuff looks like the way to go. It has the thickest material on the side (.045) All others were .030.
I got the yellow for this application.
Wheel Tire Plant Window Vehicle

·
Registered
2,482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I havent had a chance to buy a hose yet but im trying an experiment to see if i can prevent another hose from taking damage. The hard turns causes a 90 degree bend at the intake of the vacuum which is breaking the hose.
im trying a test run of a 6 inch swivel stove pipe. The vacuum hose fits it perfectly

You can see the split and this isnt even a hard turn.

90 degree pipe elbow. Gonna try it out soon. 🤞

·
Registered
136 Posts
On my 445 with Powerflow, instead of getting bags or a JD trailer, I tow the trailer I have (Aluminum 5 x 9 foot). I added 4 foot tall plywood sides (trailer had stake pockets) and a roof on the back half of the trailer. From the 3' or so long black plastic tube from the Powerflow, I transitioned into 8" round heating duct which is light and cheap (slides right over the plastic, no mechanical connector. HVAC duct is also "slippery" so there is little resistance to flow. I built a light (piece of threaded rod) support to hold it up, put a 45 degree duct on the end and have a system which works like a "mini ag chopper box". When I turn corners, grass misses the "chopper box" unless I stop to let the Powerflow clear the deck first. The first time I used it, I held the duct up with my arm...could aim around corners, but shoulder stress was too much...and I am not getting younger.

It works well and gives me a huge capacity (5 x 9 x 4 feet) where grass and leaves really pack in...only problem is that it is not fun to unload...a dump trailer would be nicer.

·
Registered
7 Posts
On my 445 with Powerflow, instead of getting bags or a JD trailer, I tow the trailer I have (Aluminum 5 x 9 foot). I added 4 foot tall plywood sides (trailer had stake pockets) and a roof on the back half of the trailer. From the 3' or so long black plastic tube from the Powerflow, I transitioned into 8" round heating duct which is light and cheap (slides right over the plastic, no mechanical connector. HVAC duct is also "slippery" so there is little resistance to flow. I built a light (piece of threaded rod) support to hold it up, put a 45 degree duct on the end and have a system which works like a "mini ag chopper box". When I turn corners, grass misses the "chopper box" unless I stop to let the Powerflow clear the deck first. The first time I used it, I held the duct up with my arm...could aim around corners, but shoulder stress was too much...and I am not getting younger.

It works well and gives me a huge capacity (5 x 9 x 4 feet) where grass and leaves really pack in...only problem is that it is not fun to unload...a dump trailer would be nicer.
Jim, I’m in the same boat. My DR leaf vac has roughly a 350lb or more hopper each dump. What I do is lay down a tarp for each load. Get you some cheap 10x10ft tarps from harbor freight, tractor supply, etc. Lay one in the front of the trailer and dump a hopper load on it then lay another one to dump on them all the way to the back of your trailer. Then you can drag them off one at a time and shake the tarp out. Just don’t load it too heavy or don’t let it get wet.
I have an 18’ trailer and get 6 to 8 hoppers on it. It takes me 4 or 5 trips to the land fill to do my whole yard. Last year was 3800+ pounds MULCHED! Too much to just burn or mulch in. It’s probably more work but a half dozen cheapo tarps are cheaper than buying or renting a dump trailer. I’m 64 and yes it gets harder every year. Some day will have to pay some one or get a smaller yard and less trees. Thanks. Mike

·
Premium Member
6,710 Posts
My neighbors solution
Automotive tire Plant Road surface Automotive lighting Asphalt

·
Registered
2,482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I like that better than mine. Wished I'd never bought the lame thing. My stove pipe elbow broke a few days ago. Been waiting on new hose for a long time. Ups says it will be here tomorrow :rolleyes: I've about gave up trying to deal with leaves this year.

Reactions: Kbar and MattL

·
Registered
7 Posts
I like that better than mine. Wished I'd never bought the lame thing. My stove pipe elbow broke a few days ago. Been waiting on new hose for a long time. Ups says it will be here tomorrow :rolleyes: I've about gave up trying to deal with leaves this year.
Beats a scoop shovel and a pitch fork. I take my back pack blower for final clean out. I was down in my back in 2019. Hired a yard crew to clean mine up. They did a good job for $400. All I did was watch. I’m on my 2nd DR vacuum and need to replace my walk around hose. My 1025R deck did a good job just have to take loader and BH off. So I use my old kubota.
Tire Wheel Sky Automotive tire Vehicle

1 - 20 of 20 Posts