Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,691 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Usually, when UPS delivers a package they bring it around to the porch, ring the doorbell and leave. As a result, we usually don't pay much attention when the doorbell rings after seeing the delivery truck. Today I saw the truck, heard the doorbell but the driver didn't leave. So I eventually went to the door to see what was up and the UPS driver said "Amazon is making everyone sign for their packages today".

Huh? Anyone else experience this today?

Is this is true, having made a habit out of dropping the package at the door, ringing the bell and leaving I'll bet there will be a lot of folks who don't get their packages today due to not being present to sign for one reason or another.

·
Registered
21,145 Posts
That’s really strange....

My UPS driver uses my drop box at the end of my driveway - saves him hiking all the way to the house when the conditions are bad. He wouldn’t even drive down the driveway after it rained.

I had a package that needed signed for a couple months ago - he called where he had cell service - I then met him at the end of my driveway.

There are quite few people around here who use drop boxes like me - if that is the case with Amazon today I bet he’s going nuts trying to get ahold of people.

·
Registered
821 Posts
I have 5 packages arriving today from Amazon, 4 via USPS and 1 via UPS. None of the tracking info indicates "signature required", and the USPS shipment has already been delivered. I think your UPS driver is jerking you around.

·
Registered
559 Posts
I wonder if maybe there had been some porch pirates operating in your area?

·
Premium Member
10,691 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have 5 packages arriving today from Amazon, 4 via USPS and 1 via UPS. None of the tracking info indicates "signature required", and the USPS shipment has already been delivered. I think your UPS driver is jerking you around.
They weren't jerking me around. I noticed later there was an email notification (which I get for most UPS deliveries) and it stated a signature was required. Oddly it would have allowed me to sign on-line. There was nothing unusual about the delivery and the value was less than $20.

I was just confused by their comment about needing a signature "today". We'll see what happens with the next delivery.

·
Registered
7,900 Posts
They are probably auditing "loss ratios" in various areas, spot checking areas to see where the leak is in the plumbing for anyone not getting their packages. Also, it helps them determine just how much signatures reduce the delivery volume, to calculate the cost of reduced efficiency verses paying for lost packages.

·
Registered
821 Posts
They weren't jerking me around. I noticed later there was an email notification (which I get for most UPS deliveries) and it stated a signature was required. Oddly it would have allowed me to sign on-line. There was nothing unusual about the delivery and the value was less than $20.

I was just confused by their comment about needing a signature "today". We'll see what happens with the next delivery.
I can't explain it. I had no issues with Amazon deliveries yesterday, and have a few today that are all listed as "out for delivery" and no mention of "Signature Required".

Your Amazon experience appears to be quite unique.

·
Premium Member
10,691 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I can't explain it. I had no issues with Amazon deliveries yesterday, and have a few today that are all listed as "out for delivery" and no mention of "Signature Required".

Your Amazon experience appears to be quite unique.
Dunno. Don't you just hate it when it's "just you"? ;-) It was definitely different as they've been leaving the packages sans signature for years. I guess we'll see what happens on the next one.

·
Registered
11,649 Posts
jgayman--we had a delivery here yesterday--UPS man rang the door bell, heard the door slam shut(storm door) and till we got to back door, he was pulling away. guessing he was out of doggie snacks again. if he has any-he waits till we get back there so he can give charley boy a snack then.
he parks along the road-never pulls into driveway-i mean the driveway is big enough to park semi's in it, i guess he doesn't like backing any extra.:unsure:

·
Premium Member
3,941 Posts
I had to sign the other day myself. Seems if you stop the ups truck if you see him on your road and ask to take delivery instead of him driving down (or not driving down) a snow covered driveway, which totally pi**es them off you have to sign.. I figured I would save him the long walk but instead he got all over me about people making his life harder because he is now out of order with Packages.. OK, that will never happen again! F him, walk 600 feet in the snow, have it your way.. Man they are picky. A week ago they left a very high dollar package at the end of my driveway in the snow for anyone to just stop and pick up.. Well I would have a new LIne 6 helix on UPS.. They have my number to call me and they know to never leave any packages at the road, I put that on every delivery notice in the winter, we live in the woods where we cannot see the street, get a lot of snow and I will meet them at the end of the drive. FEDEX is worse,, they just throw the package down the driveway. Just plain rude...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts