Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,527 Posts
I saw this when I was riding my bicycle a few days ago. It’s hard to see but there is about a 5 year old child in the middle. Lots of Amish in my area and I’ve always had positive interactions with them.
Cloud Sky Tire Wheel Plant

·
Registered
2,527 Posts
The pic I posted was a two wheeler and a smaller buggy. They probably couldn’t afford the full sized model.

·
Registered
2,527 Posts
A couple comments on Amish. I had a contractor do a lot of work on my house and he always had 2 Amish helpers. They would use power tools but not own them. They got picked up and dropped off every day and he had to take them out to lunch.

At this same time another Amish cabinet maker made us a built in hutch and some book shelves. We went to his shop to look at them before the install to make sure we liked them. It was the time of year it was getting dark early. I remember looking around his shop for a light switch to flip to get a better look. Then I remembered where I was.

One place they have a phone booth. To interact with our world they have to make some concessions. From the road it looks a little bit like an outhouse but it’s a homemade phone booth that is their community phone.

Reactions: trav
1 - 3 of 3 Posts