Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 5 wheel AMT 626 with hydraulic dump bed. The solenoid switch is starting to just click and not raising or lowering. I have cleaned the contacts and can get it to work occasionally by lightly tapping on it. It will work for a while and then go back to clicking. I have searched for this part with no luck. Is there any available, or does someone know how to wire up a compatible relay to get me dumping regularly? Thank you for the help!!! This gator is in great shape for it's age and I love using it at the lake.

·
Registered
1,800 Posts
Is it the relay that you are having an issue with? I'm showing it should be item 20 on this diagram. If it's the switch, you should be able to replace it with any 3 position switch.

Looks like there's some spare relays out there, but they're pricey, I would probably try to find a different part number relay that fits the spec.

6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Is it the relay that you are having an issue with? I'm showing it should be item 20 on this diagram. If it's the switch, you should be able to replace it with any 3 position switch.

View attachment 779367

Looks like there's some spare relays out there, but they're pricey, I would probably try to find a different part number relay that fits the spec.
I have a 5 wheel AMT 626 with hydraulic dump bed. The solenoid switch is starting to just click and not raising or lowering. I have cleaned the contacts and can get it to work occasionally by lightly tapping on it. It will work for a while and then go back to clicking. I have searched for this part with no luck. Is there any available, or does someone know how to wire up a compatible relay to get me dumping regularly? Thank you for the help!!! This gator is in great shape for it's age and I love using it at the lake.
Thank you for your quick response. That is the relay switch I am having issues with. I will try to find a 3 position relay at O'reilly's or comp.If you have a source location, please let me know. Thank yo so much for your help!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,800 Posts
Thank you for your quick response. That is the relay switch I am having issues with. I will try to find a 3 position relay at O'reilly's or comp.If you have a source location, please let me know. Thank yo so much for your help!!!!!!!!!!!!
No problem! But is it the relay or the switch? The relay is item 20, the switch is item 9

·
Registered
1,800 Posts
I can't go look right now, but are there any markings on the relay you have? Possibly a manufacturer part number? That would almost certainly be the cheaper way to go. This is where I found the OEM part, 77 bucks is pretty spendy for a relay.

·
Registered
1,717 Posts
Mike,

Here is the wiring diagram from the TM1363 covering this bed lift system.

Please note that this relay performs a "reversing" function to power the pump motor in one direction or the other depending on lifting or lowering. The relay states that are shown in the diagram are for the raising function (not the normally off state.) The lift/lower hydraulic pump switch is momentary, so you can't leave it in either active state. You can wire up two of the normal 12 volt "ice cube" relays to perform this function. Let me know if you need more information...

Chuck

6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I can't go look right now, but are there any markings on the relay you have? Possibly a manufacturer part number? That would almost certainly be the cheaper way to go. This is where I found the OEM part, 77 bucks is pretty spendy for a relay.

I found the same one. Pulled the old relay 1EC 20306058. Took it to Reilly's, they found a relay part# RY58 that looks identical to the old relay. It is for

I took the old relay off, the only stamped markings were on the mounting flange 1EC 20306058. I took it to O'reilly's and they found what looks identical. It is for a Buick Skylark or Oldsmobile window relay @ mybaycarparts.com # RY58 $55.00. Will call them tomorrow for specifics. This part even has the same two plastic wire retainers as my old relay.
I will post if this is a good replacement. Thanks again!

6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Mike,

Here is the wiring diagram from the TM1363 covering this bed lift system.
View attachment 779386

Please note that this relay performs a "reversing" function to power the pump motor in one direction or the other depending on lifting or lowering. The relay states that are shown in the diagram are for the raising function (not the normally off state.) The lift/lower hydraulic pump switch is momentary, so you can't leave it in either active state. You can wire up two of the normal 12 volt "ice cube" relays to perform this function. Let me know if you need more information...

Chuck
Thank you for the diagram. Some of the diagrams are difficult to find. This gives me one more possible solution. I really appreciate your help!

·
Premium Member
9,213 Posts
Another alternative (might be less dollars) is the contactor used for an electric winch. It also is designed to operate a 12v motor in forward and reverse. You can find them on eBay for $20

·
Registered
1,717 Posts
Zebra,

Good call on the winch contactor -- these are rated at 150 amps and up...clearly are much more heavy duty than needed, but the function is a perfect match. Here is the diagram from one that sells for just $16. Mike will need to change the harness fittings on his AMT 626 to fit the large studs, but otherwise it is an easy replacement.

Chuck

6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Zebra,

Good call on the winch contactor -- these are rated at 150 amps and up...clearly are much more heavy duty than needed, but the function is a perfect match. Here is the diagram from one that sells for just $16. Mike will need to change the harness fittings on his AMT 626 to fit the large studs, but otherwise it is an easy replacement.

View attachment 779590

Chuck
I would like to say thank you to everyone who has taken the time to help me with this problem! I should have time this weekend to fix the issue. It is nice to know there are still good people willing to share their knowledge,experience, and valuable time to help others! I will do the same any chance I get. I will post successful results when finished.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts