Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to share a couple pics of my old Sears SS14 Garden tractor. You can see some of the implements that I have for it. Didn't have time or the want to drag all of the implements out. It was 107 F yesterday officially, but it often gets hotter where I live than out at DFW airport where the official temps are recorded.

I plan on refurbishing the tractor and implements. Would like to find a replacement seat that's as close as possible to the original shown in the pics. Might have to buy a black seat and paint it white.

Back in mid 1990's I partially rebuilt the Briggs cast iron engine and had the starter/generator rebuilt.

This old machine still runs great despite not being able to buy the original style fuel pump and other parts.

I've got two or more of the three point hitch assemblies, but they'll need to be rebuilt due to wear.

Sometime I'd like to find some more of these Roper made machines in good condition. Mine still has a working cigarette lighter, but of course don't use it.

Maybe this will bring back memories for those that remember using these years ago.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
2,707 Posts
Nice old Sears - back when Sears were good tractors.

I have a few Sears 3 point implements. I have a cultivator, a rear blade and a disk harrow. I converted the disk harrow into a sleeve hitch and I converted the rear blade into a category 0 3 point hitch. Here is a picture of the rear blade after the conversion.

100_0882.JPG

I will eventually convert the cultivator also.

214167.jpg

214171.jpg

214168.jpg

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Is that a tiller with its own engine on it? Nice looking old tractor.
Yes sir, that is a tiller with an 8 HP Briggs engine. I was entertaining the idea of putting a late style Briggs engine on it, but will have to buy the shims or whatever they're called to make things line up the same.

Thanks, it has been a good dependable little tractor.

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nice old Sears - back when Sears were good tractors.

I have a few Sears 3 point implements. I have a cultivator, a rear blade and a disk harrow. I converted the disk harrow into a sleeve hitch and I converted the rear blade into a category 0 3 point hitch. Here is a picture of the rear blade after the conversion.

View attachment 10322

I will eventually convert the cultivator also.

View attachment 10323

View attachment 10324

View attachment 10325
Thanks for sharing pics. Your conversion looks great. I sometimes pull the Sears cultivator, disc, tiller, and other implements with the John Deere 332. The disc is wider than it was originally. I made some extensions and added some extra disc blades to each side. Last year I ended up having to make a new axle for one side after it became deformed. I use three solid concrete blocks for weight on the disc. For whatever reason after many hours of use, that one axle finally wore out.

·
Registered
16 Posts
sears sst

my dad passed away a few months back and he had 4 of these . he bought a new onan 20 hp engine a few yrs back for one . there are plows , front blade, rear blade . elect 3 pt hitch and manual 3 pt hitch mower decks . these would be good to restore . 700 for all .
I live close to Myrtle Beach S C K. tindal 843-450-8300 . [email protected]

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
37,507 Posts
I had an old Sears Suburban that looked similar to yours with the front push blade. Always liked that little thing, kind of hate that I sold it.
We had one also but sold it a couple years back. I think it was a 1968 with a 12hp engine. Engine went for the third time. Gave the moldboard plow away last year.

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
my dad passed away a few months back and he had 4 of these . he bought a new onan 20 hp engine a few yrs back for one . there are plows , front blade, rear blade . elect 3 pt hitch and manual 3 pt hitch mower decks . these would be good to restore . 700 for all .
I live close to Myrtle Beach S C K. tindal 843-450-8300 . [email protected]
Thanks for letting us know. I just have a lot going on at the moment. Will definitely consider it.

Thanks

1 - 9 of 9 Posts