Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been searching for a 647 tiller for some time, and finding used equipment within a reasonable distance is difficult.
Along came a 1023w/H120/647 with reasonable hours (178), work orders showing dealer servicing, but in rough cosmetic condition. Cosmetic meaning the bucket/loader arms, hood guard and tiller are pretty scratch and scraped with rust etc coming thru. The H120 doesn’t have quick attaching arms....the bucket is solidly attached (sorry, don’t know how to describe it differently).
You’ll also see that the front right is a turf tire. The seller had got a cut on the original tire, and the cost of a Carlisle replacement was ‘too much’ so bought 2 BKT turfs and didn’t get the second one installed. I’m going to purchase a Carlisle.
I have no idea why but there are 4 bolts missing on the gear box.

The price was right so purchased it all. The seller wouldn’t part with the tiller only (it was used, but mainly for ballast).
At minimum I have a project for the next long time to sandblast and paint etc..

I use my stripped down 54” deck as a rough cut mower. If I can find a used 4’ rough cut for the 3 point, that could work out well. Keeping the 1023 would also mean not having to figure things out to make the 647 work on the 3320.
I would also then convert the arms on the H120 to quick attach because I have a 53” bucket that I rarely use on the 3320.

Should be fun to work on, and daunting because I’ve never done painting etc. The key clean and straightening was the easy part :laugh: Plus, I can now put down the shovel in favour of the 647 for the garden work :lol:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
13,384 Posts
I have been searching for a 647 tiller for some time, and finding used equipment within a reasonable distance is difficult.
Along came a 1023w/H120/647 with reasonable hours (178), work orders showing dealer servicing, but in rough cosmetic condition. Cosmetic meaning the bucket/loader arms, hood guard and tiller are pretty scratch and scraped with rust etc coming thru. The H120 doesn’t have quick attaching arms....the bucket is solidly attached (sorry, don’t know how to describe it differently).
You’ll also see that the front right is a turf tire. The seller had got a cut on the original tire, and the cost of a Carlisle replacement was ‘too much’ so bought 2 BKT turfs and didn’t get the second one installed. I’m going to purchase a Carlisle.

The price was right so purchased it all. The seller wouldn’t part with the tiller only (it was used, but mainly for ballast).

I use my stripped down 54” deck as a rough cut mower. If I can find a used 4’ rough cut for the 3 point, that could work out well. Keeping the 1023 would also mean not having to figure things out to make the 647 work on the 3320.
I would also then convert the arms on the H120 to quick attach because I have a 53” bucket that I rarely use on the 3320.

Should be fun to work on, and daunting because I’ve never done painting etc. The key clean and straightening was the easy part :laugh: Plus, I can now put down the shovel in favour of the 647 for the garden work :lol:
Congrats, don’t think you’ll regret it.
My 1023 is quite a capable little tractor and runs a tiller and rotary cutter with no issues and no lack of HP.

·
Registered
146 Posts
4 bolts?

I'm sure You are aware that the bolts are probably metric, JUST check N DON"T USE TILLER until U have them replaced, COULD BE COSTLY,

NICE SET-UP, CONGRATULATIONS!!!:bigthumb::bigthumb::bigthumb:

JUST MY THOUGFHTS

·
Premium Member
1,797 Posts

BTW if Your Keeping the X748 and You have a 3point & a Rear PTO all You need to do is Put the I match On the X748's 3point the shaft will be the right size with the I-Match On. I bought a 647 with My 1025RTLB and I used the 647 On the X748 still haven't used it On the 1025R. Congrats On the 1023E:bigthumb:

·
Registered
554 Posts
The H120 doesn’t have quick attaching arms....the bucket is solidly attached (sorry, don’t know how to describe it differently).
It is "pinned on". Don't see it too often and it's more common on the D120 loader. Even so, you can convert or buy a cheap set of bucket forks if looking to get more use out of it.

Doesn't look too bad from the pictures, but a few oddities for sure. However, I'm sure you got it for a good price and what else are you gonna do in the winter, haha!

Congrats!

·
Registered
146 Posts
When I first saw the THREAD!!!!!!!

I thought there something to name, I THOUGHT OH "BOY ORGIRL" !
WHEW!!!!
That was Close, But U can name it just the same:lol:

sorry Could have resisted, NOPE COULDN'T!!!!!!

waltmart

·
Premium Member
1,797 Posts
It is "pinned on". Don't see it too often and normally it's more common on the D120 loader. Even so, you can convert or buy a cheap set of bucket forks if looking to get more use out of it.

Doesn't look too bad from the pictures, but a few oddities for sure. However, I'm sure you got it for a good price what else are you gonna do in the winter, haha!

Congrats!
QTY
1 W50722 Holder 1 RH $126.25
2 W50723 Holder 1 LH $126.25
3 AW32737 Pin 1 $157.10
4 JD7844 Lubrication Fitting 2 $0.84
5 W33912 Pin Fastener 2 $4.68
6 14M7291 Flange Nut 2 M16 $2.25
7 11M7015 Cotter Pin 2 3.200 X 25 mm $0.22
8 AW33494 Pin 2 $41.10
9 AW30903 Quick Lock Pin 2 $5.97
10 11M7021 Cotter Pin 2 4 X 25 mm $0.30

So for about $520.32 US You could convert from a PIN on to a quick attach Loader Then there Just converting the Bucket which Artillian can hep with That For Your JDQA Projects :bigthumb:

Attachments

·
Registered
2,314 Posts

At least a couple of us here have done this conversion. Mine is later in this thread.

Quick Attach Bucket Conversion

·
Premium Member
13,384 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,384 Posts
I'd agree if it's his only tractor, but he does have the 3320 in his stable already. That being the case, I'd justify buying another attachment with that money instead! :laugh:
True, I forgot that part

·
Registered
375 Posts
Just a heads up that it looks like you have the old loader stand design that was prone to breaking the casting for the stand and rubbing on the front end. It almost appears as if the casting is already broken on the right side of the tractor (see pic) but I wasn't able to get enough detail.

H120 Casting.png

If you never take the loader off it shouldn't cause any issue. But if you do remove the loader it's something you'll want to be aware of. You can read these threads to learn about the issue:

http://www.greentractortalk.com/forums/sub-compact-utility-tractors-scut/3574-h120-loader-recall.html

http://www.greentractortalk.com/forums/sub-compact-utility-tractors-scut/9514-new-design-h120-loader-parking-stand-part.html

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
I'd say the previous owner was a complete moron. Fortunately with that low of hours, even if they never changed any of the fluids I would not expect any undue internal damage, but I'd change the engine oil and transmission fluid / filter right away. Nice addition!

·
Corndog Hater
11,688 Posts
It is "pinned on". Don't see it too often and it's more common on the D120 loader. Even so, you can convert or buy a cheap set of bucket forks if looking to get more use out of it.

Doesn't look too bad from the pictures, but a few oddities for sure. However, I'm sure you got it for a good price and what else are you gonna do in the winter, haha!

Congrats!
So my pin on bucket on an H120 is rare? I bet that makes my 1026R more valuable. Actually it makes the owner look more like a bonehead for not specifying the the QA.

To the OP, nice find. Keep us posted on your progress

·
Bonehead Club Lackey
10,266 Posts
So my pin on bucket on an H120 is rare? I bet that makes my 1026R more valuable. Actually it makes the owner look more like a bonehead for not specifying the the QA.

To the OP, nice find. Keep us posted on your progress
No because I have one too. If you find someone to give you lots and lots of money for yours send them my way too. They will want a pair, not just one. :laugh:

·
Corndog Hater
11,688 Posts
No because I have one too. If you find someone to give you lots and lots of money for yours send them my way too. They will want a pair, not just one. :laugh:
You got it:good2: I never realized yours was a pin on too.:unknown:

·
Bonehead Club Lackey
10,266 Posts
You got it:good2: I never realized yours was a pin on too.:unknown:
OK, what do you mean pin on? Mine is a QH type that has pins at the bottom.:dunno:

·
Corndog Hater
11,688 Posts
Maybe I'm mixing up my terms Levi. :unknown: Mine is the stupid bolted on that is anything but quick to remove the bucket. I have always said the bucket was a bolt on. But one of the posts above referred to it as pin on, so......:unknown:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts