Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,630 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you like pinto beans and corn bread, you will love Anasazi beans. Story goes they were cultivated by the Anasazi Indians (Anasazi = the old ones) in the 4 corners area and were discovered in a food storage cache that was several hundred years old. We discovered them probably 30 years ago; and were only able to get them in specialty food stores, at quite a high price I might add. They are available now in some food stores, and can be ordered online if you desire. Don't get me wrong; I have no interest in the company that sells them, but while I never cared too much for pinto beans, these beans are great. They don't hurt my stomach, cook up in about half the time, have just a slight sweet flavor and produce little, if any, gas. So...if you like pinto beans, I recommend Anasazi!

Adobe Milling Dove Creek, Colorado: Gourmet Beans of all kinds for great Southwest Cooking!

·
GTT's Pilot in Command (PIC)
8,558 Posts
Farmgirl needs to know about these.
She does....Now! I'll be sure and post when I cook them! And of course, I'll add my opinion too! :flag_of_truce:

Thanks 2Lane, for the info. :thumbup1gif: I'll be looking to order some, maybe as soon as this weekend! :fed:

However, just how much were you adding to the cart, 2Lane?!?! There is over $12,000 worth of stuff in the cart, if one clicks on your link to browse the goods! :whip: :bad:

·
Premium Member
4,630 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
She does....Now! I'll be sure and post when I cook them! And of course, I'll add my opinion too! :flag_of_truce:

Thanks 2Lane, for the info. :thumbup1gif: I'll be looking to order some, maybe as soon as this weekend! :fed:

However, just how much were you adding to the cart, 2Lane?!?! There is over $12,000 worth of stuff in the cart, if one clicks on your link to browse the goods! :whip: :bad:
Ten pounds is the best I have ever done; it's good to order from Adobe; you get the freshest crop available. Oh, BTW, you gotta watch them, they will be done before you're ready if you don't watch them. Sharn Jean has a pot on the stove as we speak.

·
Premium Member
4,630 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Look interesting, On a certain eating plan here now so I'm curious if these will be on it. I grew up on beans and skillet cornbread.
When I was in high school, we had Pinto beans at least 3 days a week; either as a main dish or as a side dish of some kind. I couldn't look at a bean for about 20 years. Sharn Jean couldn't do without them occasionally, so they were always there if I wanted them. The Anasazis finally lured me back.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts