Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In case you think your day isn't going well, imagine what this guy near Anchorage, Alaska must have been thinking when the earthquake hit today...
(Here in Florida, we at least get warnings before hurricanes hit!)

Source: CBSNews

Attachments

·
Registered
524 Posts
I have family there and used to live in Kodiak. Anchorage has a lot of damage but no deaths reported at this time. 2 earthquakes hit anchorage 7 minutes apart. 7.0 and a 6.5 I think. Then wasilla Alaska just north got hit 2 times as well both mid 4 each. Sucks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
7,927 Posts
Mother nature has scary powers........The damage which can be done and the lives changes in an instance remind us we are just occupants here on this earth..........

I have been in a couple of earth quakes and while largely minor, its a very strange sensation to watch everything start to move and feel the vibration and rumbling, etc. and see the world around you which is normally pretty stable start to shift and shake......

There are dozens and dozens (some days hundreds) of earth quakes each day in the U.S., many in the Yellowstone National Park area. Most aren't felt by humans, but when they are, they are usually really felt.

Latest Earthquakes

Hope the outcome in Alaska is as favorable as can be with quakes that large. Best wishes for all impacted....

·
Registered
134 Posts
Crazy pic, I hope occupants had on brown pants.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts