Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,951 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Refer to this thread for the initial story:

Finally worked out so I could pick up my Polaris Ranger 1000 Premium. Ordered April 1 and delivered to the dealer on June 16 (listed as "in transit" on May 26). A much better timeline than a number of people.

Had dealer add windshield, roof and winch. Still debating on rear window. I would like a tinted window to cut down on the sun in the summer, but having some airflow would be helpful even though I won't have doors on it. It keeps the dust and debris from being sucked into the cab, but I don't run it in a lot of dusty conditions. I have seen some vented ones, but would like to see one in person. Not a hurry up decision. Need to get a hitch receiver for the front. Handy for moving things around the barnyard; trailers, wagons and even the cultipacker.

Took it for a quick ride, definitely new - the smell of burning off the newness was strong. I will spend more time on it Saturday, going to remove the canvas doors, disable the seatbelts for around the farm and decide what other things I might want on it.

If I can talk the wife into it, might take it and do some trail riding.

Tire Wheel Car Sky Vehicle

·
Registered
8,241 Posts
Nice 👍Back window is nice. The one on my Gator has a slider which is really nice.

·
Premium Member
10,012 Posts
It took about 20 hours of run time for the hot metal smell to stop from the exhaust exterior and heat shields on my Mule.
I bought a 2" receiver from HF and Modified it so I could bolt it to the bottom of my winch mount.

·
Registered
3,502 Posts
Nice looking machine. 😎 👍 Congrats!

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
45,891 Posts
Finally worked out so I could pick up my Polaris Ranger 1000 Premium. Ordered April 1 and delivered to the dealer on June 16 (listed as "in transit" on May 26). A much better timeline than a number of people.
Nice, good luck with it. (y)

If I can talk the wife into it, might take it and do some trail riding.
Won't be long and she'll own it. 🤣

·
Registered
5,160 Posts
I have a buddy that recently started at Polaris. He is the Powertrain Engineer for those UTVs.

·
Premium Member
2,951 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Nice, good luck with it. (y)

Won't be long and she'll own it. 🤣
Thanks. No, not her thing. I will have to promise her a kidney just to get her out there.

·
Registered
896 Posts
Smalltime... Great score...
We have basically the same 2 seat unit in a Kubota RTV400.. Ours is also camo color.. We have the roof, but no windshield.. Ours is named PEPE from the get away vehicle in the old Mike Douglas movie Romancing the Stone...

PEPE is a real work horse and old person energy saver around our hobby farm..

·
Premium Member
2,951 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Smalltime... Great score...
We have basically the same 2 seat unit in a Kubota RTV400.. Ours is also camo color.. We have the roof, but no windshield.. Ours is named PEPE from the get away vehicle in the old Mike Douglas movie Romancing the Stone...

PEPE is a real work horse and old person energy saver around our hobby farm..
This is replacing my RTV 500 - sort of.... My Uncle bought a Gravely Trekker 15-20 years ago. He had been limping it along for a while and when it left him far from the barn, I took my RTV and left it on the farm so he would have something reliable. He was only having problems with his leg back then and has since had a partial amputation. So back over winter when it quit on him again, he asked about mine, about what it would cost these days (mine is a 2011). I was already considering a newer one, so we agreed I would buy a new one and he would buy mine. Of course the RTV is camo and has a roof, glass windshield with removable lower section, the metal rear window, bed is Line-Xed, winch, front grill guard. So I am going with about the same thing in a bigger package with this one.

Reactions: Superglidesport

·
Super Moderator
10,521 Posts
Nice ride. Congrats and good luck!

Reactions: smalltime

·
Premium Member
2,951 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
So far I have put on mirrors - inside and outside, a rear window - scratch resistent with light tint, seat belt by-pass - to stop the blinking light on the dash, Beamtech LED headlights, dome light - rechargable, tie down anchors for the bed rail holes, vertical mount gun rack and working on a flag mounting system. Since I spend a lot of time around the woods edges, need a shorter flag pole, not a 6 foot one.

Bought a nice hitch receiver, however the winch plate blocks the top holes AND I will need to fashion a "spacer" to take up the space as the two mounting plates overlap. Not a huge deal, just need to go hunt down what I need. And get longer bolts.

I have put 6 hours on it, muddy and dusty already. Love the gun rack, one spot for my gun and one for my shooting stick, couple extra storage cubbies (like the machine doesn't have enough!).

Wife on board for going trail riding - for the moment. Have a friend who just sold his RTV500 and has a Ranger 570 on the way, we chatted about machines and joining up to trail ride while ogling bikini clad women at a tiki bar last week - we were there for the music :sneaky:

So, pleased so far, looking more to more seat time.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts