Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Vendor
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some days you just have "one of those days". I don't normally air a lot of dirty laundry, but I must be in a funny mood and this whole ordeal just tickled me more than it ticked me off! Customer ordered and received a set of blades. He ordered the wrong blades for his Z820A with 60" deck (not even close actually). His email tone started off poorly and I could tell he was frustrated:

Customer: "To whom it may concern,
The order I received yesterday was not correct. I ordered a blade kit for a Z820A with 60" cut and I received a kit for either a 48 or 54" deck. Please send the correct set ASAP or refund my money."

My return email provided him 3 blade options for this application. I explained that we would waive the 20% restock fee on this and he would just have to pay the return shipping. That wasn't met with much favor either.........

Customer: "I ORDERED the 60" blades. The mistake is yours and not mine. So am I to pay the shipping on your mistake?"

Once again, I tried to explain to the customer that he ordered blades that were not even intended for his machine. I explained that if he had ordered product ABC123 but received ABC124, WE would pay for the return shipping. That wasn't the case. I also included the specifications for the blades he ordered, showing weren't even close to what he needed. I thought to myself "this explains everything very clearly. We have provided the customer with the correct parts and he will understand the error of his ways". Ha! Boy, was I wrong.

Customer: "I knew from all the bad reviews about this place that I was making a mistake. I know why now. Sent from my iPhone"

So, rather than blowing my top and reaching for a bottle (which would be more appropriate at this juncture), I actually went the other route.

Green Farm Parts: "We understand that you are having buyer's remorse because you ordered the wrong item. And we understand that you are projecting your misdirected anger at us because you looked up the wrong part.

We actually have 10,242 online reviews and 99.8% of them are 5 out of 5 stars.

Here is what we are going to do for you. We are actually going to issue you a FULL refund for the blades. No strings attached. You keep the blades AND get your money back.

That's the kind of service we provide despite the fact that you made an ordering mistake and you are upset at us for no reason. We will issue this refund today and the credit should appear on your Visa card account within 1-2 business days. We will then delete your account in our system.

Thank you for your feedback. We really got a kick out of it!"

Some days it just doesn't pay to do the right thing. But mostly this has taught me (again) that you just can't argue with stupid.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Awful nice of you, I doubt anyone in our area would be so..... understanding.

I moderate a local gun forum, and people complain about this type of stuff all the time, generally leaving out key facts. Luckily we have ton of local vendors, most of which are not shy and will speak to the issue (although nobody like to air dirty laundry, sometimes it needs to be done).

People shop around, nickle and dime you, then expect to be treated as if they are at a five start resort. Glad I don't deal with the general public anymore.

~g

·
Registered
12,324 Posts
greenfarmparts, I can not complain about u, in fact when I called their in the winter for my 2nd order I said hey--- I'm a member of GTT FOR 5 % and the guy said grrrr---- that's only foR online order's and I said OH I didn't know that ;but before I could do the math in my head he said aw i'll let u slide this time. I said THANK U, BUDDY9not right name) I usually call everyone driver cause I was a truck driver lol. so yhanks GFP'S. BIG JIM

·
GTT's Pilot in Command (PIC)
8,558 Posts
Honestly, I do not know how anyone that deals with the public on a daily basis, ever gets to sober up!!

Yep, the more I see of some people, the more I like my dog(s)!

I just wish that I could win the lottery. (Of course, I'd need to buy a ticket!) But if I had the funds to spend all of my time playing, GFP would get tired of dealing with me, because every week I'd be putting in another order! Great people to do business with...friendly, fair and just good folks!! :bigbeer:

Let that moron go elsewhere and be someone else's problem!! :drinks:

·
Registered
11,908 Posts
Honestly, I do not know how anyone that deals with the public on a daily basis, ever gets to sober up!!

Yep, the more I see of some people, the more I like my dog(s)!

I just wish that I could win the lottery. (Of course, I'd need to buy a ticket!) But if I had the funds to spend all of my time playing, GFP would get tired of dealing with me, because every week I'd be putting in another order! Great people to do business with...friendly, fair and just good folks!! :bigbeer:

Let that moron go elsewhere and be someone else's problem!! :drinks:
I agree! Great statement, farmgirl. Dogs rule!

·
Registered
22,730 Posts
Good for you!

My wife has a little ebay business with 2-3 sales a day - every day for years now. Stuff like this happens to her also. Instead of getting wound up about it she will do about the same - try her best to please the customer with an explanation and offer a partial refund or discount if deemed necessary. When it gets to round 2 with the same person with the same order that is it - she just refunds the entire order, blocks that person from being able to bid on any of her auctions, and moves on.

Kind of funny that after she does that then all of a sudden their tone changes and apologies start coming - too late!

It take big shoulders to work with the public - I give you all (and my wife) a lot of credit to be able to do it.

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
Even though I'm only a few miles from GFP home base, I still choose to use your online system. Very easy to deal with!

·
Premium Member
14,734 Posts
Great response to a very big A_ _ H_ _ __.

Working the counter the other morning, guy comes in looking for his parts he had ordered on line. I look in the system and we show no order for him. He starts to get upset , I asked him if he had a printout of his order. He shows me , his copy, then I notice he choose a store 30+ miles away for his parts to be picked up at. He started going further off the dead end told him sorry , we can sell you your parts at reg price , but to get a refund or to pickup the parts you need to go to the store you choose. Well why would I choose a store 30+ miles away , I asked him why ,,, because he seen Fairmont and didn't pay attention to the fact we was on Fairmont RD and city of Fairmont where he choose.

He went off the deep end, the manager was standing beside me. He agreed with me, and told the customer there was nothing he could do except to sell him the parts at the regular price and not at the internet price.
After leaving the manager told me if the fellow had kept his cool and not cursing him and me , he would have matched the price, called the other store and told them we took care of the customer mistake. But since this man became a butt head ,,,,, s o r r y about his luck.

·
Registered
12,324 Posts

Working the counter the other morning, guy comes in looking for his parts he had ordered on line. I look in the system and we show no order for him. He starts to get upset , I asked him if he had a printout of his order. He shows me , his copy, then I notice he choose a store 30+ miles away for his parts to be picked up at. He started going further off the dead end told him sorry , we can sell you your parts at reg price , but to get a refund or to pickup the parts you need to go to the store you choose. Well why would I choose a store 30+ miles away , I asked him why ,,, because he seen Fairmont and didn't pay attention to the fact we was on Fairmont RD and city of Fairmont where he choose.

He went off the deep end, the manager was standing beside me. He agreed with me, and told the customer there was nothing he could do except to sell him the parts at the regular price and not at the internet price.
After leaving the manager told me if the fellow had kept his cool and not cursing him and me , he would have matched the price, called the other store and told them we took care of the customer mistake. But since this man became a butt head ,,,,, s o r r y about his luck.
etcallhome; yeah it's no use being rude when ur at fault is their, now if he would of asked ina decent way if their was anything more he could do without traveling them miles, ur manager would of made his day. big jim p.s gone are the days of dragging someone out the door and getting into a good old fistfight--huh-lol

·
Registered
338 Posts
Some days you just have "one of those days". I don't normally air a lot of dirty laundry, but I must be in a funny mood and this whole ordeal just tickled me more than it ticked me off! Customer ordered and received a set of blades. He ordered the wrong blades for his Z820A with 60" deck (not even close actually). His email tone started off poorly and I could tell he was frustrated:

Customer: "To whom it may concern,
The order I received yesterday was not correct. I ordered a blade kit for a Z820A with 60" cut and I received a kit for either a 48 or 54" deck. Please send the correct set ASAP or refund my money."

My return email provided him 3 blade options for this application. I explained that we would waive the 20% restock fee on this and he would just have to pay the return shipping. That wasn't met with much favor either.........

Customer: "I ORDERED the 60" blades. The mistake is yours and not mine. So am I to pay the shipping on your mistake?"

Once again, I tried to explain to the customer that he ordered blades that were not even intended for his machine. I explained that if he had ordered product ABC123 but received ABC124, WE would pay for the return shipping. That wasn't the case. I also included the specifications for the blades he ordered, showing weren't even close to what he needed. I thought to myself "this explains everything very clearly. We have provided the customer with the correct parts and he will understand the error of his ways". Ha! Boy, was I wrong.

Customer: "I knew from all the bad reviews about this place that I was making a mistake. I know why now. Sent from my iPhone"

So, rather than blowing my top and reaching for a bottle (which would be more appropriate at this juncture), I actually went the other route.

Green Farm Parts: "We understand that you are having buyer's remorse because you ordered the wrong item. And we understand that you are projecting your misdirected anger at us because you looked up the wrong part.

We actually have 10,242 online reviews and 99.8% of them are 5 out of 5 stars.

Here is what we are going to do for you. We are actually going to issue you a FULL refund for the blades. No strings attached. You keep the blades AND get your money back.

That's the kind of service we provide despite the fact that you made an ordering mistake and you are upset at us for no reason. We will issue this refund today and the credit should appear on your Visa card account within 1-2 business days. We will then delete your account in our system.

Thank you for your feedback. We really got a kick out of it!"

Some days it just doesn't pay to do the right thing. But mostly this has taught me (again) that you just can't argue with stupid.
I did an order about a month ago via phone and had a very positive experience.

It was a fairly complicated order with a number of smaller items and it was correct.

Plus it arrived quickly.

Phil

·
Chief Stick-picker-upper
11,288 Posts
greenfarmparts, YOU and your crew, are WAY COOL..............:bigthumb:

Back when I worked as a SM at our dealership, we put up with a few like that. Can't satisfy them.

·
Registered
4,103 Posts
GreenFarmParts - Did the guy respond to you after that? He probably doesn't even realize what a favor you did for him!!

<deleted text>

What's the old saying? "You get more flies with honey than with vinegar!" LOL! I was on a business trip to ATL earlier this week. I was scheduled to fly back home around 5 pm on Wednesday. As luck would have it, a pretty good sized thunderstorm rolled through around 4:15 and shut the airport down for about 2 hours. Do you know what happens when the world's busiest airport shuts down for 2 hours during one of the busier parts of their day? LOTS of canceled flights and Utter chaos!! :lol: Long story short - After speaking with 5 different customer service reps - all of whom did what they could to get me one step closer to home, the final rep ended up exchanging my tickets on her airline (where I was then scheduled to get home at 2pm on Thursday) to a competing airline that was able to fly me home very late on Wednesday night - all at no charge when they could have charged me a $200 change fee. That final phone call was one hour and two minutes of cell phone time (thank goodness for a charged battery at the start of the process!). I was on hold for much of that time while she was on hold with the other airline. Every few minutes she'd check in with me and apologize for having me on hold. I kept telling her "no problem, I just appreciate what you're doing for me". Nice works!! :good2: All of this in pretty sharp contrast to the guy I heard screaming "I hate this ******* airline!!" (literally!!) into his phone to a customer rep. I'm guessing won't get home until Sunday! :lol:

Quick story from my younger days working at a lawn equipment dealer - A guy comes into the shop one day and stops me.
Him - Are you a mechanic?
Me - Yup. (I guess he could tell from all of the grease on my shirt and the shop rag in my pocket! :laugh:)
Him - What do you know about Clinton engines?
Me - I can't recall ever actually getting one into the shop, but what's your question and I'll try to help.
Him - explains symptoms of his non-starting engine....
Me - I think it sounds like you're not getting fuel to the plug. I think it's a carb problem.
Him - I know it's not a carb problem. I've rebuilt the carb.
Me - hmmm, it sure sounds like a carb problem to me.
Him - I KNOW it's not a carb problem. I'm an engineer - I think I'm qualified to know it's not a carb problem
Me - OK, but if you're so smart why are you bothering me?
Him - I want to talk to your boss!
I got the boss and the guy told him what I said.
Boss - Yup, if you're so smart, why are you bothering my mechanic? :lol:

LOTS more stories about working on the employee side of the counter. Maybe we should start a thread about those! I'm sure that a lot of you have much better stories than mine!

1 - 20 of 47 Posts