Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you have a 2720 or Gen 1 2032R and need to drain the coolant from the radiator you'll find that it can get a little messy. The petcock at the bottom of the radiator is right over the top of the front axle. If you prefer to keep things a bit cleaner when working, attach a length of 5/16" clear plastic tubing to the petcock outlet at the bottom and run that tubing in to a bucket. When you open the petcock everything runs through the tube. No mess, no spills. The 5/16" tubing holds tightly enough that it will stay in place on it's own.

·
Super Moderator
5,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You don't need to upgrade! I didn't intentionally leave anyone out. The same size tubing may work on your machine too. I don't know. I'm only sure about the 2720 and Gen1 2032R. Go get some tubing and report back with your findings! :laugh:

·
Premium Member
12,156 Posts
This is the second time this week us 2520 owners are left in the dust.....time to upgrade so we don’t feel left out?
I think you'll find most 2720 tips apply as well to the 2520. They are identical except for the engine style.

·
Premium Member
12,156 Posts
If you have a 2720 or Gen 1 2032R and need to drain the coolant from the radiator you'll find that it can get a little messy. The petcock at the bottom of the radiator is right over the top of the front axle. If you prefer to keep things a bit cleaner when working, attach a length of 5/16" clear plastic tubing to the petcock outlet at the bottom and run that tubing in to a bucket. When you open the petcock everything runs through the tube. No mess, no spills. The 5/16" tubing holds tightly enough that it will stay in place on it's own.
That's a good tip. I do the same thing on my 2720 ever since draining the radiator the first time without the hose.

I'll offer an additional tip. Re-filling the radiator can be a little difficult as you're never quite sure when all the air is out, etc. I drain my coolant into a dedicated "clean" drain pan and then pour that into a graduated bucket, taking note of the measurement. That way I know exactly how much old coolant came out. I then refill with the exact same amount of new coolant - DONE! :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts