Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Administrator
20,351 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is always spectacular. :fed:

IMG_5287.jpg IMG_5288.jpg IMG_5285.jpg IMG_5289.jpg IMG_5286.jpg

You can find his rib rub recipe in the GTT cookbook along with some other great recipes. :thumbup1gif:

·
Administrator
20,351 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Another GTT board meeting!?!?

So if you :airplane:, does that mean Kenny will
and Blake will :pickup: over here again?

If so, I can manage a :bigbeer: or two and some
. :bigthumb:

·
Administrator
17,259 Posts
I'm in! It's been almost a year now...

(excellent use of smileys Jason:thumbup1gif:)

·
GTT's Pilot in Command (PIC)
8,558 Posts
I'm in! It's been almost a year now...

(excellent use of smileys Jason:thumbup1gif:)
If you bike in, sure will be easier than me threading a needle into MD airspace to avoid all of the restricted and "No-fly" zones!

But, I claim the window side of the bed!! :lolol:

·
Administrator
20,351 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
8,558 Posts
:fed: :fed:

·
Administrator
17,259 Posts
If you bike in, sure will be easier than me threading a needle into MD airspace to avoid all of the restricted and "No-fly" zones!

But, I claim the window side of the bed!! :lolol:
We'll have to turn it around then...

·
Registered
4,432 Posts
i'm in. what time is this meeting you speak of?

·
8,558 Posts
It is sort of a joke. There was never a board meeting planned. Last year a couple of members were hooking up. I did not know about it. But, as luck would have it, I was flying through the area and asked dieselshadow if I could camp at his place a night or two. Just happened that I was passing through when Kenny was coming to town. We called it a "Board meeting" as a gag.

But, if folks want to plan a get together at a place and time that weather allows me to get there, if someone furnishes a ride to and from the airport, I'd try to fly in and say hello.

·
8,558 Posts
I'm going to throw this out again......

I would be happy to try to organize a GTT "get together", complete with a food cook-off, if enough were interested. However, I cannot do this long distance, so it would have to be within driving distance of me. (Not flying in and getting a rental car to tie up all details!) I mentioned before that I could likely get a location near the Red River, near the TX-OK line at some fairgrounds. The place would have camping facilities. Even mentioned getting the local Deere dealer to come out and set up.

Anyone wanting to enter the food cook-off could, and everyone else could be judges.

Last time I mentioned this, it fell flat. I will not spend the time or effort, much less money to reserve the grounds, if there is not a true interest. 3 people said they would like to come, one offering to enter the cook-off. I can't get busy over that. And the timing would need to be Fall, as Spring brings storms the non "Tornado Alley" folks are not going to like, and Summer is too hot.

So, if we want a consolidated, GTT meet up, I'll get after it and plan for Fall 2016. But if it meets with no better response than my last attempt, someone else can put it together and pick me up and return me to the local airport, and I'll show up for food and fun, but no drinks. And if you are not serious about attending, do not say that you are "In', because I do not want to be left holding the bag if no one shows up, or claims they have to cancel at the last minute. In fact, I might ask for a $50 deposit from everyone offering to attend, that will be refunded if you actually show up.

And this way, wives, girlfriends, etc. would all be able to attend too, and it could be lots of fun. But it will be work and expense, so who all is "in" now?

·
Administrator
20,351 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I copied your post and made it it's own thread in the tractor shows and events forum for a better fit. This thread wouldn't see the traffic it would deserve. :drinks:

·
8,558 Posts
Thanks, sugah! I appreciate that! :drinks:

·
Administrator
20,351 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Anytime. :good2:

·
Administrator
20,351 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1441576756.272313.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1441576765.465429.jpg

:fed::fed::fed:

·
Registered
4,954 Posts
Wish I could

I'm going to throw this out again......

I would be happy to try to organize a GTT "get together", complete with a food cook-off, if enough were interested. However, I cannot do this long distance, so it would have to be within driving distance of me. (Not flying in and getting a rental car to tie up all details!) I mentioned before that I could likely get a location near the Red River, near the TX-OK line at some fairgrounds. The place would have camping facilities. Even mentioned getting the local Deere dealer to come out and set up.

Anyone wanting to enter the food cook-off could, and everyone else could be judges.

Last time I mentioned this, it fell flat. I will not spend the time or effort, much less money to reserve the grounds, if there is not a true interest. 3 people said they would like to come, one offering to enter the cook-off. I can't get busy over that. And the timing would need to be Fall, as Spring brings storms the non "Tornado Alley" folks are not going to like, and Summer is too hot.

So, if we want a consolidated, GTT meet up, I'll get after it and plan for Fall 2016. But if it meets with no better response than my last attempt, someone else can put it together and pick me up and return me to the local airport, and I'll show up for food and fun, but no drinks. And if you are not serious about attending, do not say that you are "In', because I do not want to be left holding the bag if no one shows up, or claims they have to cancel at the last minute. In fact, I might ask for a $50 deposit from everyone offering to attend, that will be refunded if you actually show up.

And this way, wives, girlfriends, etc. would all be able to attend too, and it could be lots of fun. But it will be work and expense, so who all is "in" now?
FG-

That's a very generous offer as it takes time and effort to pull something like that together. I can't attend although it would be fun to put names with faces and those ribs look worth traveling a long ways!

If it does come off, we need pictures!

Treefarmer

·
Administrator
20,351 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Well, I do not appreciate you and MrsDS eating them all and saving me none!! :munch:
You have the recipe AND the know how. :thumbup1gif:

·
Premium Member
4,613 Posts
1 - 20 of 29 Posts