Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gonna get a box blade for my 1025R before the week of fourth of July. I'll be on vacation that week and have a lot of work to do. My question is our local tractor supply has a country line 60" model for $579.00. Everything attachments has a 54" for $579.00 free shipping. Can't figure which way to go. The Tractor Supply is local, but I want to make sure it's not too much for my tractor. Anybody used both? Does the 6" make that big of a difference pulling wise? Don't want to overwork my tractor. Anywhere else online for attachments besides cragslist or ebay?

·
Registered
498 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
No bigger than the tractor .

I have the Frontier 2048 . I wanted the 2048L , but the dealer talked me out of it . Very glad he did . 4 scarifiers vs. 3 , and plenty of weight to dig in. Also , no wider than the tractor , so it fits anywhere the tractor will (1025r) . Only reason to go bigger would be to work a large area a little quicker due to fewer passes .Maybe save an hour on a 10hr project ?
My research locally and online found that lower price = less metal and less weight . A local supplier actually suggested a 60" that weighed less than the Frontier 2048 , and said I could buy JD suitcase weights to add weight ! At $1.50 to $2.00 pound . ThenI would have = weight , less rigidity , and limited maneuverability due to 12" more width .

·
Registered
572 Posts
I have the Frontier 2048 . I wanted the 2048L , but the dealer talked me out of it . Very glad he did . 4 scarifiers vs. 3 , and plenty of weight to dig in. Also , no wider than the tractor , so it fits anywhere the tractor will (1025r) . Only reason to go bigger would be to work a large area a little quicker due to fewer passes .Maybe save an hour on a 10hr project ?
My research locally and online found that lower price = less metal and less weight . A local supplier actually suggested a 60" that weighed less than the Frontier 2048 , and said I could buy JD suitcase weights to add weight ! At $1.50 to $2.00 pound . ThenI would have = weight , less rigidity , and limited maneuverability due to 12" more width .
Similar situation here. I have lots of rocks and red clay soil. After I described what I need to do with the box blade, the dealer recommended the 2048 over the 'L' version or anything wider. His logic was the extra scarifiers and thicker steel plate. He also believed I would have more difficulty pulling a wider box blade on the 1025 through my ground.

Looking on his lot, he had plenty of the others to sell, so I went with his recomendation.

·
Premium Member
626 Posts
I went with the 48 inch at Northern Tool. It is everything my tractor has 1025r to move that thing when full.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Reactions: RazrRebel

·
Registered
453 Posts
FWIW, the free shipping that everything attachments offers probably isn't free shipping to your residence. It'll likely be free shipping to a nearby trucking terminal, which in my case ends up being 40 miles away. Just something to consider...

Reactions: RazrRebel

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Get one at least as wide as your FEL.
A touch wider if you can.
Where you will run into problems..I've did it..
Is backing up and running into sumthin that don't give.

Result is..you will bend your lower links/bars.

On a big tractor this is probly not an issue...on a compact where thers not much spread between the arms..yes they will bend.

Mines a 955..been bent and straightend in a press a few times.

Now if you step up and add an Excavater to your fleet ..this problem suddenly dissappears:thumbup1gif:

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks guys! I'll probably get the 60" County Line from TSC. I can get free shipping from Everything Attachments to my work. I run a warehouse, loading and unloading no problem. I think I'll be allright as long as I don't take to big a bite. Thanks again for the replies, hopefully be able to pick it up soon. Really waiting on one of those sale papers in the mail for 10% off. I'll have to wait till at least next week to pick it up, be tied up the rest of this week with work and a lot going on at church. Also my BXpanded trench bucket, quick connect, and Piranha tooth bar will be in tomorrow. Hopefully I can post some pics soon of it all. Thanks again!

·
Registered
796 Posts
Go with the EA 60".

In general, everything I've bought from EA has been better made and, more importantly, better designed than anything I've bought from TSC. The EA stuff is also made in the US and I have no idea if the TSC stuff is. I bought the 60" EA Compact Xtreme Duty and have been very happy with it. The extra 6" often comes in handy so I can run the edge of the blade along a wall, fence row, etc without having to have the tractor tires rubbing on whatever I'm following.

·
Registered
387 Posts
I am gettting the EA 54" myself. I have rented a 65" Frontier but wanted something obviously narrower. I really want to get around 400 lbs for the blade weight and be as wide as my 53" bucket.

I actually have a spreadsheet with all of the box blades I could find in 48" and 54" but am in Germany now and I don't have my computer so I cannot post it up until I get back home.

·
Registered
481 Posts
....I bought the 60" EA Compact Xtreme Duty and have been very happy with it. The extra 6" often comes in handy so I can run the edge of the blade along a wall, fence row, etc without having to have the tractor tires rubbing on whatever I'm following.
I bought a used 60" because it was cheap. I also like being able to use the blade right along side a wall or fence without interference from the rest 8th the tractor.
BUT..that works both ways. I have to remember that blade hangs out wider than the rest of the tractor and have come close to hooking it on stuff.

·
Registered
2,887 Posts
Go with Everything Attachments. Better design, great pricing, great guys and much heavier duty than the stuff at TSC.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Reactions: pilot-five
1 - 13 of 13 Posts