Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Super Moderator
8,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
Here's another short video of the Steam Powered Saw Mill.

Just watching this video makes me realize how hard these folks work. What could go wrong?

There's also some neat maintenance work being done to the main blade that I found interesting.

·
Registered
12,298 Posts
SGS; yes it is a nice video, enjoyed watching it again, as I had stumbled upon it last winter on u-tube. them fellas has quite a outfit going on their. I watched all the videos of them I could find then. really enjoyed them all. thanks again, SUPERGLIDERSPORT.

·
Hey, I want a title too!
3,680 Posts

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
HOLY CRAP !!!!!!!!!
That video throws me back 30 years to when I was teaching "green-hand" Millwrights the art of timing steam pumps in the basement of Sinclair, (later BP Oil), located in Marcus Hook Pa. refinery back in the early 80's, for transferring crude / bunker oil from the ships docked in our Delaware River facility.
Those steam pumps, when timed and running properly, would put one to sleep just with the rhythm of their sound.
FANTASTIC video !!!!!!!! :bigthumb:

·
Premium Member
4,395 Posts
Here's another short video of the Steam Powered Saw Mill.

Just watching this video makes me realize how hard these folks work. What could go wrong?

There's also some neat maintenance work being done to the main blade that I found interesting.

Balls to the wall on the steam and that's nice looking lumber! I wonder how many people here will know what Balls to the wall actually means? (probably everyone). I heard that in High school with a small steam plant we had in the science lab.. a Little dinky thing that ran on electricity and water,, pretty darned cool though, (I wish I had one!).. Thanks Frank, I love this old stuff and they are a rugged bunch if you ask me!! The old dude is still good enough to pick up the 8 pound sledge and give the grapple a whack! Never witnessed a girl running a saw mill though and we have two in our immediate area.. Love those places... Jeff

1 - 7 of 7 Posts